This is a tutorial for class scheduling staff only. No log in is required.
This guide reviews how CSUN staff granted security access to the Schedule of Classes (SOC) modify scheduled class meeting patterns using the Schedule Class Meetings component for the following pages: Meetings and Exam.
With this component you can modify:
- meeting patterns
- instructor assignment and workload
- APDB fields
- final exams
Since this component performs validation for only a single class section, you benefit from the improved system performance.
- Use any search criteria combination. Examples: term & class number or term & course ID or term & section number
- Return to this component before the grading period to ensure that instructors are assigned the appropriate access to grade their classes.
Follow guidelines as prescribed by your college dean's office on adjusting meeting patterns and rooms after the close of schedule building.
- Log into myNorthridge Portal at www.csun.edu.
- Under the Staff Tab, click SOLAR SA on the menu.
- Click Schedule Class Meetings on the right.
The Find an Existing Value page displays.
- Enter the Term, Subject and Catalog Nbr (if known).
- Click Search.
- Select the desired Class Nbr from the Search Results.
Learn more at:
The Meetings page displays.
- Don't forget that a class section could have multiple meeting pattern rows.
- Always work left to right tabbing after each entry. SOLAR will recognize the change and populate fields correctly. EXAMPLE: Simply unchecking a day checkbox and saving will not update the PAT field in SOLAR. Similarly, changing the Mtg End time will not automatically update the Mtg Start time.
The DAYS shown on Class Search match the checkboxes from the Meetings page, NOT the PAT field.
Learn more about: