This is a tutorial for class scheduling staff only. No log in is required.
This guide reviews how CSUN staff granted security access to the Schedule of Classes (SOC) customize SOC pages. This guide is an example of how to consolidate two pages into one. This will save you time and reduce extra steps of having to navigate through two pages.
- Log into myNorthridge Portal at www.csun.edu.
- Under the Staff Tab, click SOLAR SA on the menu.
- Click Update Sections of a Class on the right.
On the Find an Existing Value page:
- Enter the Term
- Enter a Subject
- Enter the Catalog Nbr (if known)
- Click Search
The Update Sections of a Class page displays.
- Click the Personalize (formerly Customize) link from the Class Sections navigation bar (same place as Find, View All and First/Last navigation arrows).
The Personalize Column and Sort Order page displays.
- Consolidate values:
Click Tab Class Enrollment Limits (#1) and check Hidden (#2). This will hide the Tab and move all contents (columns) to the displayed page. In this case, the Class Status tab.
- Hide unwanted columns: Select a column (click on it) that you don’t want to display and check the Hidden box. If Frozen box is checked uncheck it. Repeat for each column heading.
- Sort order: Select a column heading and click the up arrow or down arrow to move it in that direction.
- When done, click the Preview button to view your work.
- When satisfied, click the OK button to save.
The saved results display and will remain this way until you modify the customize settings.
You may return to the Customize menu to make adjustments.
- Reset the display back to the system default by clicking the Delete Setting link at the bottom of the page.
You customized the
Update Sections of a Class.