This is a tutorial for class scheduling staff only. No log in is required.
This guide reviews how CSUN staff granted security access to the Schedule of Classes (SOC) view a Class Roster.
- Log into myNorthridge Portal at www.csun.edu.
- Under the Staff Tab, click SOLAR SA on the menu.
- Click Class Roster on the right.
On the Find an Existing Value page:
- Enter the Term
a Subject & Catalog Nbr
a Class Nbr
- Click Search
The Class Roster page displays.
- Class Detail
- Class Permissions
- Enrollment Status
- Notify Selected Students
- Notify Enrolled Students
Example of the Class Detail page.
This is what students see when they register for classes.
Example of the Class Permissions page.
Staff with access to Class Rosters can view a list of permission numbers.
To email one or more students use the Notification buttons.
Email SOME students—
- Check the individual box next to each student you wish to email.
Email ALL students—
- Click the Select All link and SOLAR will automatically check all boxes.
When you have made your email selection, click the Notify Selected Students button.
The Send Notification page displays.
Remember to provide alternative class choices when notifying students of a class cancelation.
- Modify email fields as needed.
- When finished, click the Send Notification button.
To run spellchecker, click the book icon.