This is a tutorial for class scheduling staff only. No log in is required.
This guide reviews how CSUN staff granted security access to the Schedule of Classes (SOC) add or modify the Instructor/Advisor Table. Use the Instructor/Advisor Table and Approved Courses pages to:
- Add a new instructor record = Follow Steps 1 through 4.
- Modify an existing instructor record to include a new department (Academic Org) = Only follow Step 4.
Tip: If you have a group of new instructors, you can add them all at once to the Instructor/Advisor Table before assigning them to their classes in the Meetings page.
Not being able to assign an instructor to a class Meetings page happens because:
- The effective date entered in the Instructor/Advisor Table is later than the start of the semester.
- The academic organization has not been added to the Approved Courses page in the Instructor/Advisor Table.
- Log into myNorthridge Portal at www.csun.edu.
- Under the Staff Tab, click SOLAR SA on the menu.
- Click Instructor/Advisor Table on the right.
Te Find an Existing Value page displays.
- Enter the instructor ID number (if known) or search by name.
- Click Search.
The Instructor/Advisor Table page displays.
Enter data in the following fields:
- Effective Date - Defaults to the current date. Choose a date BEFORE the term start date in order for the Meetings page to display the instructor's ID.
- Instructor Type
- Academic Org
- Click SAVE
Go to the Approved Courses page.
- In the Course Description, enter the Academic Org.
- Click the plus (+) sign to add a new row for each Academic Org.
- Click Save.
Before you exit, verify the Effective Date. Once you save and exit, the date can only be changed by the APDB analyst in Institutional Research.