This is a tutorial only. No login is required.
This guide explains how current and former CSUN students can order official Northridge transcripts online using Credentials Solutions. Please note that an additional handling fee of $2.20 per transcript is charged by the vendor for Internet orders.
Former and current CSUN students should review this guide to order transcripts online. However:
- If you can log into myNorthridge Portal with your CSUN User ID and Password, order transcripts online through the Portal (see Step 1 below).
- If you do not have a CSUN account, you can still order transcripts online from a link on the Admissions and Records Order Transcripts page.
In addition to the online option, you may order official transcripts in person or by mail. Read more at Order Transcripts.
Go to the CSUN home page at www.csun.edu and:
- Select the myNorthridge Portal link
- Log in with your CSUN User ID and Password.
Your myNorthridge Home page displays.
- Select the Academics tab.
- Select the Official Transcripts link in the Chart my Academic Progress box.
The Credentials Solutions Transcript Ordering Overview page displays.
- Read the Processing Overview.
- To begin, click Start My Order.
Learn more or need help?
- To view Frequently Asked Questions, click the FAQs button.
- To contact Credentials Solutions, select the Customer Service link.
If you have questions about the ordering process or experience problems entering your order, contact Credentials Solutions Customer Service at (847) 716-3005 after 7:00 am, Monday-Friday, Central Time.
IMPORTANT! Do not use browser back or forward buttons. Use only those button or links as provided within the software application.
The Student Information page displays a Web form that is pre-populated with your student information.
Complete any blank fields in the form.
If any pre-populated information is incorrect, update it through myNorthridge Portal or with Admissions and Records at the Student Services Center in Bayramian Hall, 1st floor lobby (BH 100).
Select the Next button.
Your Contact Information page displays.
- Enter a Telephone Number (format NNN-NNN-NNNN) where you can be reached if there is a problem. If no telephone is available, enter N/A.
- Click the Select Country button if the phone number is outside the United States.
- Enter your Email Address and Verify Email fields if they are blank.
- Click Next.
Read instructions about spam / junk email settings to avoid missing or losing email messages.
Optional: To receive text messages, enter your cell phone information before proceeding to the next step.
The Basic Order Information page displays.
- Select a delivery type, either by mail or in person pick-up from Admissions and Records in the Bayramian Hall Lobby (BH 100).
- Indicate special orders. Do you have an attachment that must be sent with your transcripts? If yes, check the box. You'll then receive an "Authorization Form" with additional instructions.
- Indicate when to release transcript(s). Choose "send now" or "hold" until after current semester grades are posted. To hold transcripts, select the semester.
- Enter the years you attended Cal State Northridge.
Your Select Recipient 1 Type page displays.
Select a recipient type:
- College or University. When selected, a menu with available options will display.
- Special-Purpose Recipient. Examples of options are AMCAS, LSDAS, PHARMCAS, various State Certification Boards or Departments, CPA Exams or Boards of Accountancy.
- Other. Choose this option to send your transcript to a specific person at a college or university, a business, a non-U.S. address, any other type of recipient not listed above.
When done, click Next to proceed.
The Transcript Recipient 1 page displays.
- Review the recipient mailing address and telephone number. It is your responsibility to confirm current and accurate information.
- If correct, click Next.
The Delivery Method for Recipient 1 page displays.
- Choose a delivery method: First Class mail or Domestic Federal Express to the 48 contiguous states.
Note: If the recipient's address is outside the United States, an international Fed Ex option will display.
- When done, click Next.
Your Transcript Recipients page displays.
- Review your request and make any needed adjustments such as changing the quantity or adding additional recipients.
- Click Next to proceed.
Your Order Summary page displays.
- Here you have an opportunity to review and edit your student information, basic order information, and recipient address(es).
- A summary of transcript and handling charges also displays.
- Click Continue to proceed with your order.
Your Payment Card Information page displays together with the "Credit Card Transaction Agreement."
Keep your credit card handy. You'll need it now.
- Click Refund Policy to familiarize yourself with refund requirements and conditions.
- You must read and accept the credit card transaction agreement to proceed.* If you don't wish to accept, you may return to the previous page or exit.
- Click Next to complete your payment.
*Be sure to alert the credit/debit card holder (if other than yourself) that you have authorized a charge with the merchant name COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT so that s/he does not dispute the charge. Otherwise, Credentials, Inc. will charge an additional $25.00 collections fee.
The Order Processing Completed page displays and includes your order number.
Keep this number in case you need to discuss your order with Credentials Solutions.
Check your email (or text messages) for a confirmation that your order has been successfully authorized or that further authorization is required.
A confirmation of your request will be emailed to you.
It will include the date and time of your transcript request, the order number, quantity and cost.
To check the status of your order at any time:
1. Click the link in the email confirmation,
2. Go to Order Status.
For questions about your official transcript online order, contact:
Tel.: (847) 716-3005
Hours - Central Time (CST/CDT)
Mon-Thurs: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Fri: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm