This is a tutorial only. No log in is required.
This guide explains how to set your own registration appointment to enroll in summer classes and return to add classes or adjust your schedule. All students may follow these steps to register for summer classes.
- Eligible New and Continuing CSUN Students—Create your own appointment to register on a first-to-arrive basis. Then enroll later during the Registration-by-Appointment period.
- Visiting Summer Students— Wait to register until the Nonrestrictive and Late Registration periods. Note: Before enrolling, visiting summer students should set up their CSUN account, User ID and Password. See How to Establish Yourself in the System or contact The Tseng College of Extended Learning.
For summer registration dates and policies, visit the website for your student group below:
- Most CSUN students and visitors, see Summer Session through the Tseng College (Extended Learning).
- Special year-round CSUN cohort program students, see the Summer Term Bulletin. Permission numbers are required at all times to add all state-supported classes.
Log into myNorthridge at www.csun.edu with your
CSUN User ID and Password.
Your myNorthridge Portal displays. Select the Home tab.
Eligible New and Continuing CSUN Students—Create your own appointment to register on a first-to-arrive basis.
- In the Incomplete Tasks section of My Checklist, look for any registration holds. They will block your enrollment, so resolve them as soon as possible.
- Click the Register for Classes icon in the Quick Links box, or you can click the Summer Appt/Enrollment link in My Checklist to set an appointment.
- Then enroll later during the Registration-by-Appointment period and thereafter.
Visiting Summer Students—You will not see My Checklist. Wait to register until the Nonrestrictive and Late Registration periods.
The Register for Classes “Term Selection” box displays.
- Select Summer.
The Summer Enrollment (Appointment) page displays.
- If the registration system recognizes you as an eligible CSUN student, your summer enrollment appointment will display.
- If the system recognizes you as a visiting summer student, a notice will display directing you to return during the Nonrestrictive Registration period.
When your registration appointment arrives and/or Nonrestrictive Registration begins, log back into myNorthridge and select the Home tab.
- In the Quick Links box, click the Register for Classes icon and then select Summer (term selection box not shown) to begin enrolling.
- Return as often as you like during the published registration periods.
Learn more at Add a Class.
The Fee Payment notice displays.
- Most CSUN and visiting summer students need to pay tuition and other fees within 2 hours of registration.
- To agree and proceed with enrollment, click the Acknowledge Demand Pay button.
Learn more, visit Tseng College Summer Session Fees and Financial Policies.
EXCEPTION: The registration system will recognize CSUN students enrolling in one of the state-supported cohort programs and display a different Summer 2013 fee payment schedule from the one shown here. For details, see University Cash Services.
The Select Classes to Add page displays for summer term.
- Type the five-digit Class Number and click Enter.
- Use Find Classes to look up available classes. Click Search.
- To return to myNorthridge, select Back to Portal.
- To exit, select Logout.
To learn more, visit the guide Add a Class.