This is a tutorial only. No login is required.
When you log into myNorthridge, you’re viewing a customized portal that interfaces with the SOLAR Student Center. You can do almost everything in myNorthridge, but a few features are unique to the SOLAR Student Center, such as updating your personal information.
This guide introduces the SOLAR Student Center and some of its features.
Go to the CSUN home page at www.csun.edu and:
- Select the myNorthridge Portal link
- Log in with your CSUN User ID and Password.
The myNorthridge Home page displays.
In the Quick Links box, select the SOLAR Student Center icon.
- If you are a new student, your myNorthridge default view is the Applicant tab (not shown). Select the Home tab.
You are now in the Student Center.
Links and drop-down menus display under three headings: academics, finances and personal information.
A quick view of your personalized class schedule, account summary and contact information also display.
Select the appropriate links in each section to enroll in a class, pay fees and update your contact information.
On the far right is a Search for Classes button (browse only) and boxes that display quick notes and detail links for Holds and To Do Lists, depending on your situation.
Let’s look at each of the 3 sections.
Features of this section include:
- Print weekly view of current class schedule
- View past schedules and grades
- Accept current contract for grade of "Incomplete"
In the drop-down menu, select an item and click the Go button, including:
- DPR and MAP
- View test scores – CPT, MPT and WPE
- Withdrawals/repeats - unit counter
Like the links on the Financial Matters tab of myNorthridge, the Student Center Finances section features these menu items and more:
- My Student Account Information, including anticipated financial aid
- Elect 1098-T Electronically
- View Financial Aid
- Accept My Student Loan
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Sign Perkins Promissory Note
- Sign Perkins Promissory View
- Student Loan Status
You can also navigate to make a payment from this page.
Personal Information Menu
Click the links in this section to update your personal contact information.
Featured items in this section:
- Identify an emergency contact person
- Update address and phone numbers
- Check your CSUN Gmail address and add alternates
- Opt to receive CSUN emergency text messages
Learn more at:
To return to myNorthridge, click Back To Portal (upper right).
To exit, select Logout.