This is a tutorial only. No log in is required.
Use a Permission Number to:
- add or wait list for a restricted class BEFORE the term begins,
- add all classes WHEN the second week of fall or spring instruction begins (see exact dates in the Semester Bulletin), and
- add year-round summer cohort courses at all times.
If the class you want to add requires concurrent enrollment in a second class (e.g., corequisite lecture and lab), obtain a permission number for each class before you begin your enrollment transaction.
Permission numbers can be re-used until:
- your enrollment in the class is successful,
- the Late Registration/Schedule Adjustment Period ends, or
- the permission number expires as specified by the department / instructor.
Log into myNorthridge at www.csun.edu with your
CSUN User ID and Password.
The Payment Notice displays.
To continue, read and accept the Statement of Financial Responsibility.
To return, click Back To Portal in the upper right corner (not shown).
When two or more terms are active, the Select Term page displays.
Click the desired Term from the list and click Continue.
The Select Classes to Add page displays, including the enrollment shopping cart and your class schedule.
- Type the five-digit Class Number and click Enter.
- Use Find Classes to look up available classes. Click Search.
The Select Classes to Add – Enrollment Preferences page displays.
- Make sure you’re adding the right class.
- Note the Department Consent Required message. It displays whenever permission is required.
- Check Class Notes. Is concurrent enrollment in another class is required? (Get permission numbers for both classes before enrolling.)
- Enter the permission number in the box and click the Next button.
Your enrollment shopping cart displays with the class you selected.
You are not yet enrolled in the class!
- Search for more classes to add (add co-requisite classes now, if required).
- When done, click Proceed to Step 2 of 3 to continue.
The Confirm Classes page displays.
- Review the class(es) in your shopping cart.
- Click Finish Enrolling to process the request.
Click Cancel to exit without adding.
The View Results page displays errors or confirms success for the enrollment.
If errors are found:
- Follow the instructions in the error message (not shown) to fix the problem.
- Print error message (optional) to discuss with faculty or staff.
- Click the Add Another Class button to search for more classes.
- Read results and print any messages you want to discuss with faculty or staff.
- To add more classes, click Add Another Class.
Check your account balance and payment due dates to avoid disenrollment.
Print a copy of your class schedule for your records. See View My Class Schedule.
To return to myNorthridge, click Back To Portal in the upper right corner.
If finished, click logout to exit.