This is a tutorial only. No login is required.
You’ve applied to Cal State Northridge....You’ve activated your CSUN User ID and Password.... What’s next?
Review My Checklist!
My Checklist is your personal list of requirements to complete the application process. The list tells you what’s missing—your Incomplete Tasks. It also confirms the items CSUN has received and evaluated—your Completed Tasks.
My Checklist stays with you throughout your student career at Northridge. If you’re admitted and eligible to enroll in classes, you’ll also see your enrollment appointment, registration holds, total outstanding charges due, and financial aid to-do lists (if applicable). My Checklist changes over time with your situation, so review it regularly.
Go to the CSUN home page at www.csun.edu and:
- Select the myNorthridge Portal link
- Log in with your CSUN User ID and Password.
Haven’t set up your CSUN account yet? Visit:
Your myNorthridge page displays on the "Applicant" tab.
Locate the My Checklist box in the center column.
Scroll or tab to move through the entire checklist and sections.
My Checklist displays on the Applicant and Home tabs of myNorthridge. Your applicant tab eventually goes away.
Depending on your situation, My Checklist may have as many as six sections, including:
(outstanding charges due if any)
- Incomplete Tasks
- Completed Tasks
You can click the headings to close or open the sections. The default position is "open."
*The Registration section displays only for students who are admitted and eligible to enroll in classes.
The Status section of My Checklist displays your:
- Academic career and class level
- Semester applied for
- California residency status
- Academic plan (major)
- Application status*
- Intent to Register status (required of first-time freshmen and first-time transfer students admitted to fall and spring semesters)
*Admission is provisional pending verification of the academic information self reported on your CSU Mentor application.
The Incomplete Tasks section displays the items required to complete your application process. Be sure to complete these items.
- For Fall 2015, freshmen must take the EPT/ELM tests (or be exempt) no later than the May 2, 2015 test date. To register for a test, visit the CSUN Testing Center
Questions about your admissions checklist? Contact Admissions and Records at (818) 677-3700, Option 2, or by e-mail at email@example.com
Learn more about immunizations on the Klotz Student Health Center page Immunization Requirements.
- The Incomplete Tasks section displays only when one or more items require your attention.
- Deadlines display in red.
The Completed Tasks section confirms the items that CSUN has received and evaluated.
This image shows the following completed tasks:
- Application fee paid
- Test scores and date taken
- Proof of immunization received
Note: The Completed Tasks section displays only when one or more admission or immunization items have been completed.
The Resources section links to:
- How To Guides – SOLAR Self Service
- Registration Guide
- CSUN Testing Center
- Freshman or Transfer Student Advisement Checklist
- My Academic Planner (MAP)
- Degree Planning Guides
Links to the three Student Services Centers also display:
- Office of Admissions and Records
- University Cash Services
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Department
The Resources list will change with your situation.
When you have been admitted and are eligible to enroll in classes, My Checklist will display your Status as both applicant and student.
Note: The Student Status subsection mostly duplicates the Applicant Status data, which eventually goes away.
When you are admitted and eligible to enroll, you will also see the Registration section, including:
- Your Enrollment Appointment – the date and time you can begin registering in classes online
- Maximum unit load reminder
- Links to enroll for any terms currently open to enrollment
- Reminder to check for registration holds in the Incomplete Tasks section
Attention New F-1 Visa Students:
You must contact the international academic advisor for new students to be enrolled in your first-semester classes. Request an appointment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you are eligible to enroll, the Incomplete Tasks section will display any Registration Holds.
Important! Resolve all registration holds before enrolling.
For questions about Registration holds, contact the office indicated in the hold message box that displays when you roll over the hold message.
Learn more at: