This is a tutorial only. No log in is required.
Students can view and accept a contract to change a grade of Incomplete (“I”) to an earned grade by logging into the Student Center (SOLAR) and selecting View My Grades. You can only view an Incomplete Contract online when:
- You’ve completed and received approval in paper form —and—
- Your professor has entered the contract in SOLAR.
Request an Incomplete
- Ask your professor for an “I” by completing the Request for a Grade of Incomplete in paper form and by taking it to him/her in person on or before the day of the final exam.
Accept an Incomplete Contract
- You are not required to accept your Incomplete Contract online, but the electronic record is there for reference.
Remove an Incomplete
- Complete the coursework no later than one calendar year from the last official day of the semester in which the Incomplete is assigned. Your professor may give you an earlier deadline. IMPORTANT! Failure to complete the assigned work before the deadline will result in a grade of Incomplete Charged (“IC”), which is equivalent to an “F.”
Grade of Incomplete Policy
- Go to Undergraduate Policies and Procedures and search for Grading Symbols, Policies and Assistance > Incomplete (I)
Log into myNorthridge at www.csun.edu with your
CSUN User ID and Password.
Your myNorthridge page displays.
From the Home tab in the Quick Links box, select Check Grades.
On the View My Grades page, select the desired term. Then click Continue.
Your grades for the selected term will display. If you submitted the Request for a Grade of Incomplete paper form and your professor created the contract online, you will see the Review Contract link.
Click the Review Contract link to view the Incomplete Contract.
The Incomplete Contract page displays a policy reminder: If you do not complete the work on time, your “I” grade will convert to an “IC,” which is equivalent to an “F.”
The Incomplete Contract Data box displays:
- The reason for the Incomplete (i.e., Extenuating, Medical, or Other)
- Your grade without further work (if you had not requested an Incomplete), for documentation purposes only.
- Your deadline to complete the work. Note: After one year, your “I” will convert to an “IC,” which is equivalent to an “F.”
- The work required for removal of the “I” grade
If you have any questions, contact your professor.
To accept the contract online, check the “I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the above Terms and Conditions” box.
A confirmation page displays.
Click Yes to accept the contract.
Reminder: Your electronic acceptance is only for reference. Your paper contract is the one that counts.
Once you’ve agreed to the contract terms and conditions online, an acceptance date will display.
Your professor will be able to see the acceptance date, too.
Click the Return button to go back to the View My Grades page.
On the View My Grades page, the Official Grades table shows that you have accepted the Incomplete Contract. Your grade of Incomplete (“I”) will display about one week after finals.
- If you don’t see a grade, wait a few days until grades are posted in the system.
- No grade points display for the “Incomplete” class because the work is not yet complete.
When you complete the coursework and your instructor evaluates it, s/he will enter the date it was completed.
The Completed box on the contract page will be checked and the date you completed the work will display.
Click Return to go back to View My Grades.
You’ll be able to view your new grade and the grade points earned a few business days after your professor reports the grade change to Admissions and Records.
Contact your professor, or the department offering the course, with questions about the Incomplete Contract, course work, due date, and removal of the Incomplete grade.