This is a tutorial only. No log in is required.
The Add a Class pages allow students to add, drop, swap and edit classes in their schedule for a particular term within published registration dates.
You can add classes online throughout the registration periods. For calendars and policies including late add and drop, see:
The Add a Class pages have three main steps:
- Select Classes to Add
- Confirm Classes to Add
- View Results
Go to the CSUN home page at www.csun.edu and:
- Select the myNorthridge Portal link
- Log in with your CSUN User ID and Password.
The Fee Payment Notice displays.
To continue, read and accept the Statement of Financial Responsibility.
To return, click Back To Portal in the upper right corner (not shown).
When the registration periods for two terms overlap, the Select Term page displays.
Click the desired Term from the list and click Continue.
The Select Classes to Add page displays, including the enrollment shopping cart and your class schedule.
- Type the five-digit Class Number and click Enter.
- Select Class Search to look up available classes. Click Search.
The Select Classes to Add – Enrollment Preferences page displays.
- Check the status of the class: open or closed.
- Optional: Select the basis of grading. (Check with your advisor first; a grade of Credit/No Credit may be a disadvantage.)
- Review enrollment information. Do you meet the requirements?
- Review Class Notes. Concurrent enrollment in another class might be required (co-requisite).
- Click Next.
If a co-requisite class is required, put both classes in the shopping cart before submitting the enrollment transaction. Otherwise, you'll get a "Requisites Not Met" error.
Your enrollment shopping cart displays with the class you selected.
You are not yet enrolled in the class!
- Search for more classes to add (add co-requisite classes now, if required).
- When done, click Proceed to Step 2 of 3 to continue.
The Confirm Classes page displays.
- Review the class(es) in your shopping cart.
- Click Finish Enrolling to process the request.
Click Cancel to exit without adding.
The View Results page displays errors or confirms success for the enrollment.
If errors are found:
- Follow the instructions in the error message (not shown) to fix the problem.
- Print error message (optional) to discuss with faculty or staff.
- Click the Add Another Class button to search for more classes.
- Read results and print any messages you want to discuss with faculty or staff.
- To add more classes, click Add Another Class.
Check your account balance and payment due dates to avoid disenrollment.
Select the My Class Schedule tab to print a copy of your class schedule for your records.
Read more at View My Class Schedule.
To return to myNorthridge, click Back To Portal (upper right corner).
If finished, select logout to exit.