This is a tutorial only. No login is required.
Cal State Northridge students, as well as the general public, can search and browse the Schedule of Classes using Class Search at any time.
Class Search allows students and guests to:
- Browse the Schedule of Classes at any time
- Search by Additional Category (e.g., GE courses, myCSUNtablet courses, online courses)
- Search for Open classes only
- View assigned textbooks
- View the class final exam schedule
Class Search has three main parts:
- Search page to enter your selection criteria
- Course Results page to view courses matching your criteria
- Class Details page to view specific section requirements and class notes
For a list of supported Web browsers and versions, see Browser Compatibility.
Ways to access Class Search from the CSUN home page (www.csun.edu):
1. If you are a guest, select Class Search in the Quick Links menu and click "Go." No login is required.
2. If you have a CSUN account, log into myNorthridge with your CSUN User ID and Password.
- Students: On the Academics tab in Quick Links, select the Search for Classes icon.
- Faculty or Staff: Click Class Search from the Student Administration or Assisting Students box.
Access Class Search directly at www.csun.edu/class-search.
The Class Search page displays five fields:
- Additional Category
- Show Open Classes Only
From the required *Term menu, select a term.
Several months before registration begins, you can view a tentative Schedule of Classes.
From the required *Session menu, select a session:
- Select Regular to view courses for matriculated CSUN students and non matriculated Open University students.
- Select The Tseng College - Credit to view credit courses in degree and certificate programs offered through extension and summer courses.
- Select The Tseng College - Non Credit to view extension courses available for Continuing Education units or no credit.
Choose a subject from the Subject/ Department menu. To view all courses offered by a department for the selected term.
You can further narrow your search by selecting an Additional Category:
- Accelerated and PACE
- Community Service Learning
- Developmental Math
- Developmental Reading
- Developmental Writing
- Experimental & Selected Topics
- Freshman Connection
- Freshman Reading & Writing
- GE Plan C
- GE Plan R
- UNIV 60 - Supplemental Instruction
- myCSUNtablet Courses
To view courses in all departments for an Additional Category, leave the Subject/Department blank.
To view only those class sections that are available for enrollment, check the Show Open Classes Only box.
By default, Class Search displays all scheduled sections: open, closed (full) and canceled classes. Use it to consider wait list options.
- Click Quick Search to view results.
- Search results will display in the Course List.
A Legend explains icons, features and navigation.
Click the Expand icon to view the Class Section List for a course.
Class Section List features:
- Detail Icon
- Section Number
- Online Course Type (not shown)
- Textbooks (icon button)
- Class Number
- Seats Available
- Enrollment Status
- Component Type
- Location (campus map)
To sort a column, click its heading.
Click the Detail icon to view section specific information.
The Class Detail page displays.
Class Detail features:
- Textbooks (link)
- Class Information
- Meeting Information
- Final Exam
- Enrollment Information
- Course Information*
*Always check the Notes and Course Information for class requirements and special instructions.
To start a new search, click Return to go back to the previous page. To clear all fields, click the Reset button.