How to Apply
If you have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution inside the U.S. you are not required to take the TOEFL. You will need to contact the international advisor at the institution that you are attending for information regarding SEVIS.
Note: The second bachelor's degree option is not available to any majors or options within the College of Business and Economics.
International applicants to CSUN are required to submit the following:
- Complete online admission application. International Graduate applications are available online. Please read instructions carefully and complete all appropriate sections.
- A $55.00 (US currency) non-refundable processing fee payable to CSUN must accompany your application.
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other acceptable test (see below for list of tests). Scores must be sent directly to CSUN from testing agency.
- Affidavit of Financial Support and bank statement. Both pages of financial affidavit and the bank statement may be faxed to (818) 677-5281.
- Original or certified copies of all OFFICIAL academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas in original language of issue. Do not fax academic records. Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the institution(s) in the U.S. send the transcript(s) directly to CSUN.
- Submit a copy of your passport information page with your documents.
- Official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas. Do not fax translations.
Send OFFICIAL documents directly to California State University, Northridge, International Admissions and Evaluations, 18111 Nordhoff Street, Northridge, CA 91330-8207.
International applicants to a CSUN master's or doctoral program: In addition to meeting the admission requirements of the University, you will also need to meet any additional requirements for the graduate program you wish to pursue. Please be sure to review supplemental department requirements at Graduate Programs: Master and Professional Doctorate Degrees (contact information is provided).
Please have all scores sent directly to CSUN code 4707 directly from testing agency.
- TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language with a minimum Paper-Based score of 550, a minimum Computer-Based score of 213, or a minimum Internet-Based score of 79/80.
- IELTS - International English Language Test System with a score of 6.0 or higher.
- PTE Academic - Pearson's Test of English with a minimum score of 58.
- GRE - Appropriate verbal score on Graduate Record Exam; see International Admission Advisor for more information.
CSUN Intensive English Program and Conditional Admissions:
An Intensive English Program is offered through our Tseng College of Extended Learning. Our office works closely with Intensive English. Together we offer "Conditional Admission" to academically eligible students enrolled in Intensive English. We guarantee admission to the university once these students have completed the TOEFL. For more information please contact the Intensive English Program Office.