Email is an official means of communication at California State University, Northridge. It is your responsibility as a student to check your university Gmail account for important information about enrollment status, registration, tuition and other fees, financial aid and more. To forward your CSUN Gmail to another email account, log into Gmail and select Settings. Learn more about CSUN Email.
File Your Intent to Register Online
All first-time transfer students who plan to attend CSUN in the fall semester must electronically file an Intent to Register no later than the following deadline:
- Spring 2013: Not open for admission.
- Fall 2013: File no later than Tuesday, July 2, 2013. See instructions below.
Note: If you are admitted after June 18, 2013, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file your intent.
If you do not confirm your Intent to Register by July 2, 2013, you cannot attend CSUN in the Fall 2013 semester.
To file your Intent to Register:
- Log into myNorthridge with your CSUN Username and Password at www.csun.edu
- Locate the My Checklist box and the Status section.
- In the Status section, click the "Intent to Register" link to accept or decline CSUN's offer of admission.
For help, see the How To Guide Freshmen and Transfer Students - Intent to Register.
Send Transcripts before the Deadline
IMPORTANT! Now that you have been admitted as a first-time transfer student and are eligible to enroll or have enrolled in classes, it's time to submit the final transcripts that are missing from your admissions file. Send your final official college transcripts postmarked no later than:
- Spring 2013: Not open for admission.
- Fall 2013: Friday, August 16, 2013
Send final official transcripts for spring 2013 work-in-progress as soon as your courses end.
Your final official transcripts must verify that you have completed 60 units and all 4 basic subjects.
To determine what is missing from your application file:
- Log into the myNorthridge Portal at www.csun.edu
- Locate My Checklist and the Incomplete Tasks section
- Review your Incomplete Tasks, including missing transcripts. Please note that if you had your transcripts sent in the last 10 days, they may not yet be processed.
Reminder: To enroll in Fall 2013 classes, complete all the upper-division transfer student eligibility requirements listed at I Want to Apply by the end of the spring 2013 term. No summer 2013 coursework will be considered for admission.
Steps to Enrollment
Important! If you do not enroll in classes and attend beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted, you will need to reapply for admission to the University to enroll in subsequent semesters. Take these steps to enroll:
- Review the transfer student advising checklist [The Fall 2013 checklist is forthcoming.]
- Obtain academic advisement, which is strongly recommended. Some majors require advisement before registration; this requirement will appear on your Registration Access Mailer and in My Checklist. Make an advisement appointment by contacting the department of your major, listed at Academic Programs.
- Electronically file your Intent to Register in classes no later than:
Spring 2013 - Not open for admission.
Fall 2013 - Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Note: If admitted after June 18, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file.
- Register for classes. The myNorthridge Portal Login on the CSUN home page at www.csun.edu is your gateway to self service. Log in to enroll in courses, pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid, view class schedule and grades, review your Degree Progress Report (DPR)—and more.
Consider taking upper division GE courses reserved for new transfer students. Learn more. [The Fall 2013 upper division GE course list is forthcoming.]
- Apply for financial aid. For priority consideration, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after January 1 as possible. Complete the FAFSA online and be sure to enter CSUN's Federal School Code of 001153.
- Apply for housing. Students living on campus at Cal State Northridge enjoy convenience, safety, academic enrichment and social activities. Choose traditional suites or apartment-style living.
- Attend New Student Orientation. CSUN is committed to your academic success. Attend New Student Orientation to learn about the university and campus, its resources and student services.
- New! Take the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Examination (UDWPE) as early as possible after being admitted and no later than the semester in which you complete 75 units. To learn about the test, review the policy, view test dates and more, visit UDWPE.
- Meet immunization requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunization for or immunity to measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. If you are 18 or younger, provide proof of immunization for or immunity to Hepatitis B by the end of your second semester.
- Send all required, final official transcripts (postmarked or hand delivered) by:
Spring 2013: Not open for admission.
Fall 2013: Friday, August 16, 2013
Your final transcript will be used to verify that all the coursework you indicated as work-in-progress has been completed.