Email is an official means of communication at California State University, Northridge. It is your responsibility as a student to monitor your university Gmail account or miss important information about enrollment status, registration, tuition and other fees, financial aid and more. To forward your CSUN Gmail to another email account, log into Gmail and select Settings. Learn more about CSUN Email.
All freshmen who plan to attend CSUN in Fall 2014 must electronically file an Intent to Register no later than Thursday, May 1, 2014. Please see Step 3 below.
Steps to Enrollment
Important! If you do not enroll in classes and attend beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted, you will need to reapply for admission to the University to enroll in subsequent semesters. Take these steps to enroll:
- Review the advisement checklist for first-time freshmen. [The Fall 2014 checklist is forthcoming.]
- Take the EPT and/or ELM Tests as soon as possible. These tests must be completed prior to registration. For test dates, online registration, and exemptions, visit the CSUN Testing Center.
Note: To enroll in the Fall 2014 semester, you must take EPT and/or ELM on or before the Saturday, May 3, 2014 test administration date unless you are exempt. Because of heavy demand and limited seating, you should sign up for the tests much earlier than the May deadline (February, March and April test dates are also available.)
- To accept your offer of admission for Fall 2014, submit your Intent to Register online no later than Thursday, May 1 , 2014*. Log into myNorthridge from the CSUN home page with your CSUN User ID and Password. In myNorthridge, locate My Checklist and, in the Status section, click Intent to Register. For help, see the How To Guide Freshmen and Transfer Students - Intent to Register.
*Note: If you are admitted after April 17, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file your Intent to Register.
- Schedule Advisement. Academic advisement is mandatory for first-time freshmen as part of the registration process. Make an advisement appointment by contacting one of the Student Services Centers/EOP Satellite advising centers.
- Register for Classes. As a freshman, you will enroll in classes with your advisor by logging into myNorthridge at www.csun.edu. You'll also use myNorthridge on your own to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid status, view class schedule and grades, print an unofficial transcript—and more.
- Apply for Financial Aid. To be considered for financial aid, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after January 1 as possible. Be sure to enter CSUN’s Federal School Code of 001153.
- Apply for Housing. Students who live on campus at Cal State Northridge enjoy convenience, safety, academic enrichment and social activities. Choose from traditional suites or apartment-style living.
- Attend mandatory New Student Orientation. CSUN is committed to your academic success. At New Student Freshman Orientation, you'll receive an introduction to the academic, social and cultural resources of the University as well as tips for student success.
- Meet Immunization Requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunity to or immunization for measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. Immunity to or immunization for Hepatitis B is required for all entering students 18 or younger. Students enrolled in a California public middle or high school after July 1, 1999 will have satisfied these requirements.
- Send Final Official Transcripts. A final official transcript showing all items, grades, and high school graduation date is required for Fall 2014 admission by Friday, August 15, 2014.