Why do Assessment?
A well-designed assessment process will include the following activities:
- Define learning goals and objectives
- Align curriculum with goals
- Identify instruments and measures
- Collect, analyze and disseminate assessment data
- Use assessment data for continuous improvement
When designing an assessment process to evaluate student learning, the following questions must be addressed:
- What will our students learn in our program?
- What are our expectations?
- How will they learn it?
- How will we know they have learned it? (evidence)
- What will we do if they haven’t learned it?