The Oviatt Library welcomes members of the CSUN Alumni Association. Access to the Library, including a limited number of services, is complimentary for members. To access the Library and its services, present your CSUN Alumni Association membership card to the Oviatt Library staff at the circulation desk in order to be issued a separate CSUN library card. This service is free for members. Costs associated with issuing a Library card are paid by the Alumni Association. Library cards and membership must be renewed annually.
Alumni cardholders have ACCESS to the following Oviatt Library services:
- Check-out privileges (Up to 10 books at a time with 1 renewal)
- United States and California Government Depository materials
- Remote (online) access to a limited number of free databases (JSTOR NOT included in remote access)
- We regret that we cannot extend access privileges to most of the electronic books, journals, and databases which are exclusively for current faculty and students only. See link for details.
- Reciprocal usage at other CSU libraries
- Teacher Curriculum Center (Garden level, Oviatt Library)
- Audio-visual materials *
- Microform reader-printers *
- Reference Desk services*
- Computer Work Stations
* Some restrictions may apply. During periods of high use CSU students, faculty and staff and those using U.S. and California Government Depository materials have first priority.
The computer terminals in the Collaboratory and instructional Labs A,B & C are not open to alumni but all other computers are open to the public without a student login. Priority is given to current students, faculty & staff, and those using U.S. and California Government Depository materials. For further information, please consult the Oviatt Library website about computers in the Library.
Alumni cardholders DO NOT HAVE ACCESS to the following Oviatt Library services:
- The Collaboratory (Third floor, east wing computer lab) and instructional Labs A,B & C.
- Interlibrary Loan
- Document delivery
- Electronic databases that are not listed here.
- Group and Individual Study Rooms
All visitors and cardholders are expected to follow the library rules of behavior. Further information on the Oviatt Library's resources can be found in orientation materials available at the Information Desk, at the Reference Desk or on the Library's website.
Alumni and friends are encouraged to get more involved in library programs presented by the Friends of the Library, a volunteer organization that hosts exhibits, book sales and other events thoughout the year. For additional information about the Friends of the Library, visit their website.
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8326