Use our Step by Step tutorial to guide you through our process:
- Click “Become a Mentor” and proceed to Sunlink, our host for the Matador Network.
- Enter the email address you would like to be contacted with and proceed to the contact and professional information forms.
- Please enter all of your information to the best of your ability and note the required entries are highlighted with an asterisk *.
- Once you are finished with your application please allow up to 48 hours for processing.
- When your application has been approved you will be notified via email.
- In that approval email, you will receive instructions to create your personal password to the Matador Network. Please save this password if you need it to make
- Any changes or updates to your profile and it allows access to accepting or denying possible mentees.
- Create your password and click the tab that reads Matador Network in the upper right hand corner of your new Sunlink profile.
Contacting a Mentee
If you receive a message from a potential mentee, you can respond to them through your profile or email them back directly as that you will receive an email to your personal email address displaying their message and email address. Please note the number of mentees you have selected to mentor; if you receive 6 messages from 6 different CSUN students, and that was the maximum number of mentees you would like to have at one time, you will no longer be searchable to students in the Matador Network.
Dropping a Mentee
Once you conclude a relationship with a mentee it would be best that you sign into your Matador Network profile and remove them from your list of current mentees so that your profile will be available for another student to view.