The Oviatt Library welcomes members of the CSUN Alumni Association. Access to the Library, including a limited number of services, is complimentary for members. To access the Library and its services, present your CSUN Alumni Association membership card to the Oviatt Library staff at the circulation desk in order to be issued a separate CSUN library card. This service is free for members. Costs associated with issuing a Library card are paid by the Alumni Association. Library cards and membership must be renewed annually.
Alumni cardholders have ACCESS to the following Oviatt Library services:
- Check-out privileges (Up to 10 books at a time with 1 renewal)
- United States and California Government Depository materials
- Remote (online) access to a limited number of free databases
- Reciprocal usage at other CSU libraries
- Teacher Curriculum Center (Garden level, Oviatt Library)
- Audio-visual materials*
- Microform reader-printers*
- Reference Desk services*
- Visitor computers located in the "core" area near the escalators on the second, third and fourth floors will allow access for a daily maximum of 2 hours. These require users to login using an assigned visitor login, which can be obtained at the Guest Services Desk. Read more about Computer Access for Visitors.
*Some restrictions may apply. During periods of high use CSU students, faculty and staff, and those using U.S. and California Government Depository materials have first priority.
Alumni cardholders DO NOT HAVE ACCESS to the following Oviatt Library services:
- Group and individual study rooms
- Interlibrary Loan
- Document delivery
- Electronic databases that are not listed on the library's website
- The Learning Commons computer area, Creative Media Studio, and Instructional Labs A, B & C
All visitors and cardholders are expected to follow the library rules available in a handout at the Information Desk in the lobby or online. Further information on the Oviatt Library's resources can be found in orientation materials available at the Information Desk, at the Reference Desk or on the Library's web page.
Alumni and friends are encouraged to get more involved in library programs presented by the Friends of the Library, a volunteer organization that hosts exhibits, book sales and other events throughout the year. For additional information about the Friends of the Library, visit their website.
18111 Nordhoff St
Northridge CA 91330-8326
*Administrative offices are open Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. See website for library hours. Service Desk schedules may vary.