The goal of the Graduate Student Scholarship is to recognize and assist alumni who are loyal to the university choose to continue their education at Northridge beyond the undergraduate level. One $1,500 scholarship is awarded.
- The applicant must have completed their undergraduate degree or teaching credential from CSUN.
- Alumni are eligible to apply for this scholarship at any future point in time following graduation.
- The applicant must have applied for admission or be registered in a post graduate or credential program at Cal State Northridge at the time of application.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA as determined by the CSUN Admissions Office.
- Enrollment in a minimum of 6 units during each semester the scholarship is awarded.
Tips on what the committee is looking for
The selection committee will be looking for a balance in the following four areas grade point average and academic rigor; level and scope of community service;level and scope of leadership and involvement in clubs and organizations; personal essay response. It is helpful to include in your personal essay, background information about your experience as an undergraduate. You will be asked to answer the following essay questions: 1) Explain the importance of your major in today's society. How will graduate level study contribute to your career plans? (400-word limit). 2) What is your definition of a scholar and how do you fit that definition? How has your accomplishments and/or obstacles in your life influenced your academic and career path? In addition to grades, what distinguishes you as a scholar. (200-word limit).
- A completed application packet includes the following:
- Application submitted on time via STARS Online
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- An unofficial copy of your high school or college transcripts if you are not currently a CSUN student.
- A copy of a Degree Progress Report (DARS) if you are a current CSUN student.
- All documents listed above must be completed or uploaded via the STARS system