- Ongoing: 2014-2015 Federal and California Financial Aid Application (FAFSA)filing period.
- March 6 (Thursday): The Majors Fair 2014. 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Matador Square. Free food, iPod drawings, and information about undergraduate majors and minors at CSUN.
- March 8-9 (Saturday night/Sunday morning): Daylight Saving Time begins at 2 a.m. Set your clocks ahead one hour ("spring forward") or you'll be running late.
- March 31 (Monday): Cesar Chavez holiday. Campus closed.
- April 7-12 (Monday-Saturday): spring break. No classes.
Other CSUN Calendars
- Check the University Events Calendar
- View the complete academic calendar for 2013-2014 (Faculty Affairs)
- View the semester bulletin (Admissions & Records)
- View the schedule of classes calendar (Admissions & Records)
Transfer FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and Answers
- How do I find my advisor?
- Where do I log in to Moodle?
- How can I meet the new policy about taking the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam (UDWPE) in time to avoid getting a hold placed on my registration? (Hint: sign up to take the UDWPE no later than the semester in which you are completing 75 units; or if you are coming in with 75 or more units to begin with, sign up to take the UDWPE in your first CSUN semester.)
- What is the UDWPE????
- How do I add a class?
- Have more questions? Ask Matty!
News of Interest to Transfer Students
- Just published: the schedule of upper-division GE courses offered for new incoming transfer students only: http://www.csun.edu/undergraduate-studies/fall-2014-upper-division-transfer-ge-course-offerings (3/7/14)
- Student Health 101, CSUN edition: read the current month's issue of this webzine.
- CSUN students share coping mechanisms for homesickness: this Sundial article has useful suggestions for anyone new to campus. (2/18/14)
- Zipcars at CSUN: rent your ride, thanks to a collaboration between University Police Services and Associated Students. (More information....)
- The STAR Act Planning Guides are now available online at http://catalog.csun.edu/plans/star-act/. The STAR Act (also known as SB 1440) guarantees that AA-T and AS-T students in approved majors will graduate from CSUN by taking no more than 60 units after transfer provided they abide by all of the rules and requirements. (9/20/13)
- Parking and driving in and around campus continues to be a challenge this fall. Here are some helpful suggestions from CSUN's Department of Police Services. (8/21/13)
- In fall 2013, CSUN launched a new mobile application for iPhone and Android with a mobile webpage for all other smartphones at m.csun.edu. CSUN students can use their smartphones to add or drop classes and access Moodle. The app also includes the campus directory and campus map navigation. Additional functionality will be added throughout the year. (read more...)
- Matador Exchange is up and running! The Matador Exchange is "a marketplace exclusively for CSUN students to buy, sell, or trade items with other CSUN students" including "furniture, electronics, and sports equipment" as well as "textbooks and school supplies." (8/14/13)
- New: free access to Lynda.com for CSUN students! Lynda.com offers video tutorials on how to use many software programs as well as lessons on photography, slideshow presentations, public speaking, career development, and more. Log in with your CSUN credentials at lynda.csun.edu.
- "Schools try out new ways to relieve 'transfer shock.'" Los Angeles Times story (10 Sep. 2012) discusses "efforts . . . to address the needs of [transfer] students . . . as they jump into new academic and social lives." "Cal State L.A. this fall revived a requirement that transfer students take a two-credit 'transition' course that tackles study habits, research methods and career choices." Would you like to see a similar transition course at CSUN? Would you sign up for it? Post your reply on the CSUN Transfer Student blog.
- The Valley Performing Arts Center (VPAC) at CSUN is offering $10 student rush tickets to selected performances, according to this story in the Sundial. For details, check the VPAC's page describing discounts for CSUN students, staff and faculty. World class live performances for the price of a movie ticket? Not to be missed.