- May 6-16 (Monday-Thursday): Crunch Time at the USU Plaza del Sol and at Student Housing (Community Center): stress relieving crafts, snacks, massages and free test kits. Sponsored by Associated Students. Check the Crunch Time Schedule for details.
- May 10 (Friday): last day of class except for Saturday classes meeting once weekly.
- May 11 (Saturday): last class meeting for once-weekly Saturday classes.
- May 13-18 (Monday-Saturday): final exams.
- May 20 (Monday): Honors Convocation, Oviatt Lawn, 6 p.m.
- May 21-23 (Tuesday-Thursday): CSUN commencement ceremonies.
- May 28 (Tuesday): Summer Session 1 and Summer Session 2 both begin
- July 2 (Tuesday): intent-to-register deadline for newly admitted transfer students (later for new transfer students admitted after June 18)
- July 9 (Tuesday): Summer Session 2 ends.
- July 10 (Wednesday): Summer Session 3 begins
- July 31 (Wednesday): orienation for new transfer students, 8:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (Registration required)
- August 20 (Tuesday): Summer Session 1 and Summer Session 3 both end.
Calendar for Early Fall 2013
- August 24 (Saturday): Fall 2013 Saturday classes begin
- August 26 (Monday): Fall 2013 weekday classes begin
- August 31-September 2 (Saturday-Monday): Labor Day holiday: campus closed.
Other CSUN Calendars
- Check the University Events Calendar
- View the complete academic calendar for 2012-2013 (Faculty Affairs)
- View the semester bulletin (Admissions & Records)
- View the schedule of classes calendar (Admissions & Records)
Transfer FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and Answers
- How do I find my advisor?
- Where do I log in to Moodle?
- How can I meet the new policy about taking the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam (UDWPE) in time to avoid getting a hold placed on my registration? (Hint: sign up to take the UDWPE no later than the semester in which you are completing 75 units; or if you are coming in with 75 or more units to begin with, sign up to take the UDWPE in your first CSUN semester.)
- How do I add a class?
- Have more questions? Ask Matty!
News of Interest to Transfer Students
- "Schools try out new ways to relieve 'transfer shock.'" Los Angeles Times story (10 Sep. 2012) discusses "efforts . . . to address the needs of [transfer] students . . . as they jump into new academic and social lives." "Cal State L.A. this fall revived a requirement that transfer students take a two-credit 'transition' course that tackles study habits, research methods and career choices." Would you like to see a similar transition course at CSUN? Would you sign up for it? Post your reply on the CSUN Transfer Student blog.
- The 2012-2014 CSUN Catalog is now online at http://catalog.csun.edu/. Check out this new, beautiful, and important resource! Contains links to the Catalog archives as well. (8/28/12)
- The Valley Performing Arts Center (VPAC) at CSUN is offering $10 student rush tickets to selected performances, according to this story in the Sundial. For details, check the VPAC's page describing discounts for CSUN students, staff and faculty. World class live performances for the price of a movie ticket? Not to be missed.
- "California Universities Get Midyear Infusion of New Students": this Los Angeles Times story (23 Jan. 2012) describes how several CSU (and other) campuses are helping new transfer students adjust. At Cal State Northridge, we don't have "lifeguard stations" like Long Beach State--but we do have a campus filled with faculty, staff, and students willing to help. So if you missed the new student orientation program for transfers, don't despair. Use the list of links on this page to reach helpful staff; or talk to the person next to you in line, in class, or at a Freudian Sip; or contact me. Seriously! (I'm Dr. Cheryl Spector, 818-677-3932 or email me at email@example.com)
- As noted in The Chronicle of Higher Education, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security created a web site in fall 2011 called "Study in the States" for international students and scholars wishing to study in the United States. The web site is intended to be a "one-stop shop" for information on visa qualifications and compliance, exchange opportunities, and practical advice, like how to obtain a driver’s license in the United States.
- Not sure how to navigate the SOLAR Student Center? Learn how, using the online How To Guides for Students.