In the spirit of tradition and loyalty, five $1,500 Legacy Scholarships are awarded each year to the children or grandchildren of Northridge alumni. One of these scholarships is named in honor of Dorothea "Granny" Heitz and two of these scholarships are awarded in honor of Dean Edmund Peckham.
- Parent must become an active, dues-paying member of the Alumni Association when scholarship is awarded.
- The parent must have a confirmed degree or credential from CSUN or SFVSC.
- Grandparents who attended Northridge may also qualify the student as a legacy even if the "parent" did not attend.
- The "parent" is defined as a birth parent, step-parent or legal guardian.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA as determined by the CSUN Admissions Office.
- Well-balanced and meaningful involvement in community service and extra curricular activities.
- The applicant must be the son/grandson or daughter/granddaughter of an alum.
- Enrollment in a minimum of 12 units for undergraduate and 6 units for graduate level students during each semester the scholarship is awarded.
- Student can apply at the Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate level.
- International students are not eligible for this scholarship
Tips on what the committee is looking for
- A completed application packet includes the following:
- Application submitted on time via STARS Online
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- An unofficial copy of your high school or college transcripts if you are not currently a CSUN student.
- A copy of a Degree Progress Report (DARS) if you are a current CSUN student.
- All documents listed above must be completed or uploaded via the STARS system