All new Cal State Northridge students must purchase a CSUN Photo ID card. The card is required for:
- All transactions at the Student Services Center in Bayramian Hall—including the Offices of Admissions and Records, Financial Aid and Scholarships, and University Cash Services
- Oviatt Library services
- Klotz Student Health Center services
- University Student Union services
- Voting in Associated Students elections
- Obtaining tickets from the Associated Students Ticket Office at reduced rates
- Attending CSUN athletic events and selected campus programs at reduced rates or free of charge
Purchase Your Photo ID Card
Online - Log into myNorthridge Portal, select the "Financial Matters" tab, locate the "My Financial Obligations" box, and select "Purchase a Photo ID." Then:
- Pay by credit card (a 2.75% service fee is charged) or electronic check (no fee).*
- Print your receipt. Bring the receipt and a valid photo ID (driver’s license, other state-issued ID, or passport) to Admissions and Records in the Student Services Center, Bayramian Hall (BH 100), 1st floor lobby.
- Have photo taken and receive your card.
In Person - Go to the Student Services Center, Bayramian Hall (BH 100) 1st floor lobby, and:
- Bring required photo ID (valid driver’s license, other state-issued ID, or passport).
- Pay $5.00 fee* to University Cash Services (cashier window) first.
- Then take your receipt to the "photo ID" Admissions and Records window to have your picture taken.
About Office Hours
- During the first week of fall and spring classes, the Student Services Center is open extended hours. The Photo ID Station will close 15 minutes before the end of business each day.
- Office hours for the Student Services Center, Bayramian Hall 1st floor lobby, are the same for Admissions and Records, Financial Aid and Scholarships, and University Cash Services.
- Office hours can vary during summer and winter terms and before holidays or special events.
- After hours, a CSUN photo ID may be obtained at the Oviatt Library circulation desk if you have not already paid for the photo ID online or in person.
*About California State University (CSU) Tuition and Other Fees
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after initial fee payments are made to increase or modify any listed fees without notice until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by The Board of Trustees.
For the latest tuition and other fee information, visit the CSUN Student Finance website.