SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING THE FALL 2016 ADMISSION PROCESS
California State University, Northridge will consider applications received for the Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters for Fall 2016 admission from eligible students who reapply before the deadline.
- If you applied in CSUMentor for Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 admission but want to change to Fall 2016, you can reapply without paying an additional application fee. See the instructions below.
- Undergraduate applicants: You must reapply for Fall 2016 between October 1 and the November 30, 2015 deadline.
- Graduate applicants: Reapply for Fall 2016 before the filing period for your graduate program closes. Any graduate program that remains open after November 30 can set its own individual application filing deadline. See instructions below.
- All applicants: Check the status—open or closed—of your student group and degree program in the Admissions Calendar.
To confirm our receipt of your new application, log into myNorthridge Portal and review Applicant Status in My Checklist.
Forward Application Instructions
If you wish to forward your application to a future open term, please follow these instructions:
- Go to CSUMentor and fill out a new application for Fall 2016 starting October 1, 2015. If you log in with the user name and password you used to create your CSUMentor account, you won't have to re-enter your biographical data.
- Undergraduate applicants: Submit your new CSUMentor application from October 1 through November 30, 2015. Do not pay the application fee if you already paid it or had a fee waiver. Select the pay-by-check option to avoid being assessed the fee a second time.
- Graduate applicants: Resubmit two (2) applications:
- CSUN Application – Submit your new university application for Fall 2016 admission in CSUMentor starting October 1, 2015, and before the deadline to apply for your individual graduate program. Do not pay the application fee if you paid it previously. Select the pay-by-check option to avoid being assessed the fee a second time.
- Graduate Program Application – In addition to reapplying for admission to the university, you will need to reapply to the individual graduate program you have chosen. Keep in mind that the individual program may close to applications earlier than the university filing period deadline. Open and closed graduate programs are listed in the Admissions Calendar. For more information, please review Graduate Applicants and the requirements on the individual program website, listed at Graduate Programs.