What is DPR and Planner?
The undergraduate Degree Progress Report (DPR) and Planner provides a full picture – an audit – of your progress toward completion of bachelor's degree requirements. Master's degree and doctoral students can also use the audit component of DPR and Planner.
The Degree Progress Report and Planner tool has two components – the audit and the planner:
1. The AUDIT tracks your progress toward graduation and:
- Lists course work completed at CSUN and at other schools from which you submitted official transcripts
- Places your course work into degree requirement sections
- Identifies CSUN requirements you still need to satisfy in order to graduate
- Changes to reflect your progress toward degree and major objectives
2. The PLANNER allows undergraduates to plan courses for future semesters based on DPR audit requirements and:
- Interactively drag and drop courses from an audit to a personalized, term-by-term plan for completing remaining requirements
- Experiment with different "what if" scenarios and majors
- Identify a "favorite" plan that academic departments can use to predict future course demand
Always consult with your advisor before finalizing any decisions related to your academic plan (major).
What DPR is Not
The Degree Progress Report (DPR) is not a transcript. It is not intended to report your achievement to outside parties. It cannot be released to a third party without your written consent.
DPR does not show academic standing (i.e., good, probationary, disqualified) and may not reflect your most recent GPA. To view current GPA, log into myNorthridge and select SOLAR Student Center > Unofficial Transcript.
Log into myNorthridge from the CSUN home page with your CSUN User ID and Password. From the Academics tab, find the Academics Quick Links box and click the Degree Planning Tools icon. The Degree Planning Tools light box displays. Select the Degree Progress Report (DPR) option.
How To Guide
Preview step-by-step instructions with screen shots - no login is required:
Questions and Contacts
For assistance with the topics listed below, undergraduate students should contact the indicated office, person or website:
- Placement of courses in your major, contact your academic advisor
- General Education course placement or technical problems running a DPR, complete a DPR Review Request
- Transferring courses to CSUN from schools other than California community colleges, see Transfer Course Information
- Graduation Evaluation*, contact Undergraduate Degree Services at (818) 677-3781
*When you apply for graduation, you will receive a special DPR audit that is clearly labeled Graduation Evaluation. It lists any remaining requirements for degree completion.