SPRING 2015 ADMISSION
This page pertains to Spring 2015 admission only. For Fall 2015 admission, please review Upper Division Transfer Student.
For the Spring 2015 semester, CSUN will be closed for admission to most California residents because of firm enrollment targets established by the state, which have already been met for the 2014/2015 academic year. We will not be limited in undergraduate admissions of nonresident students as these students do not count toward enrollment targets.
For Spring 2015, CSUN will consider applicants who meet admission eligibility requirements in the following categories:
- Nonresidents of California
- California residents who have will have earned a verifiable Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) from a California community college in a major that CSUN has approved for transfer. If you are a STAR Act (SB 1440) applicant, please see the admission requirements and instructions at Upper Division Transfer Student.
* * * * * * *
A transfer student has earned regionally accredited college credits after the summer immediately following high school graduation.
You are an upper division transfer student if:
- You have met all the upper division transfer student eligibility requirements listed below. (If you have not met these requirements, please read the "lower division transfer student" section.)
You will transfer to CSUN with a verifiable “Associate Degree for Transfer” (AA-T or AS-T) from a California community college in a major that CSUN has approved for transfer. If you are a STAR Act/SB 1440 applicant, please see the admission requirements and instructions at Upper Division Transfer Student.
Upper Division Transfer Student - Eligibility Requirements
Be sure to complete eligibility requirements within the following time frame for admission to:
- Spring 2015: Complete requirements by the end of the fall 2014 term. No winter 2015 course work will be considered for admission.
All upper division transfer students need to meet all the criteria listed below:
- Have completed a minimum of 60 transferable semester units (90 quarter units) with a grade point average of 2.0 or better;
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended;
- Have completed the CSU General Education Writing, Mathematics, Critical Thinking and Speech Communication courses with a C or better*; and
- Submit all official college transcripts, including work now in progress, to Admissions and Records.
*Students applying as Engineering or Computer Science majors do not have to complete Critical Thinking prior to admission.
How to Apply
- Check application deadlines and program status (open, closed or exceptions) in the CSUN Admissions Calendar.
- Select a major from the CSUN Catalog. All transfer students must declare a major when applying. "Undecided" is not available.
- You must apply for admission to an impacted major before the end of the initial application filing period. The following CSUN business majors are currently impacted: Accountancy, Business Administration - Insurance and Financial Services option, and Finance. Read more about these majors at Undergraduate Programs in Business. If the major is impacted, select the related "pre-major."
- Download, print and complete by hand the paper CSU Undergraduate Application for Admission (PDF) for Spring Semester 2015. Please print clearly.
- To expedite your application process, submit the following items with your paper PDF application:
- $55 nonrefundable application fee (check or money order only), or the completed request for an application fee waiver (.pdf).
- Official preliminary (work-in-progress) and/or final transcripts (see below).
Submit the completed PDF application and enclosures for our receipt no later than September 2, 2014, to:
CSUN - Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
After You Apply
After you have applied to CSUN, make the rest of your admissions process go smoothly with these steps:
- Set up your CSUN account and email as explained in the "activate your CSUN user ID and password" letter you received from Admissions and Records. See account activation instructions.
- Monitor your application status. Log into myNorthridge Portal, locate “My Checklist," and review your Incomplete Tasks such as missing transcripts. For help with the portal, see the How To Guides.
- Check often for CSUN correspondence sent to your CSUN email box, by regular mail, and in myNorthridge ("My Announcements").
- Send us your official transcripts (see below).
- If you are admitted, file your “Intent to Register” electronically no later than Monday, December 1, 2014. No deposit is required. See Admitted to CSUN.
Send Us Your Transcripts
Your official transcripts are needed to determine your admission eligibility. Soon after you apply to CSUN, send us official transcripts for all of the following:
- All courses taken at other colleges and universities previously attended even if the course work was not completed
- All college courses in which you are currently enrolled (these are your preliminary, work-in-progress transcripts)
- Your final transcripts for work-in-progress as soon as you complete the courses and grades are posted
All transcripts, preliminary and final, must be official (received in sealed, unopened envelopes). Ask your previous schools to send your official transcripts directly to us. In some cases, transcripts may be sent to CSUN electronically. Check with your school.
Official transcripts showing completion of 60 units and the 4 basic subjects should be postmarked or hand delivered to Admissions and Records by the following due date:
- Spring 2015: Friday, January 16, 2015.
Send official transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
Application and Document Deadlines
|Task or Document||Spring 2015|
|Last day for CSUN to receive the paper application for admission||September 2, 2014|
|Send college transcripts for completed work and work-in-progress||With your paper application if possible|
|Last day to file Intent to Register in myNorthridge*||December 1, 2014|
|Send final college transcripts showing completion of 60 units and the 4 basic subjects||January 16, 2015|
*If you are admitted after November 17, 2014, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file your Intent to Register for Spring 2015 classes.