SPRING 2017 ADMISSION
For Spring 2017, CSUN will consider upper-division transfer applicants who meet the admission eligibility requirements in the following categories:
- Nonresidents of California. Please review the instructions on this page.
- California residents who will have earned a verifiable Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) from a California community college in a major that CSUN has approved for transfer. Please see ADT requirements at Transfer Student, Resident.
Are you on the right page?
- Student veterans and international students should select the link for their student group on this page.
- For Fall 2017 admission information, visit transfer applicant toward the end of September 2016.
Have you chosen a major? Explore CSUN Bachelor's Degree Programs.
Upper Division Transfer Student
You are an upper division transfer student if you have met all the upper division transfer student eligibility requirements listed below. (CSUN is not currently accepting applications from lower division transfer students.)
Be sure to complete eligibility requirements within the following time frame for admission to:
- Spring 2017: Complete requirements by the end of the fall 2016 term.
All upper division transfer students need to meet all the criteria listed below:
- Have completed a minimum of 60 transferable semester units (90 quarter units) with a grade point average of 2.0 or better;
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended;
- Have completed the CSU General Education Writing, Mathematics, Critical Thinking and Speech Communication courses with a C or better*; and
- Submit all official college transcripts, including work now in progress, to Admissions and Records.
*Students applying as Engineering or Computer Science majors do not have to complete Critical Thinking prior to admission.
- Check application deadlines and program status (open, closed or exceptions) in the Admissions Calendar. You can only apply during the initial filing period.
- Select a major from the CSUN Catalog. Declare a major when applying; "undecided" is not available. If your desired major is impacted, you will need to meet the supplementary admission criteria for that major. Because admission is competitive, you should also apply to an alternate campus that offers your desired major. Read more at impacted majors.
- Complete the Nonresident Upper Division Transfer Applicant Request Form between August 1-31, 2016. If eligible for admission consideration, you will receive further application instructions by email within 5 to 7 business days.
- Send the $55 application fee or request a 2016-2017 application fee waiver (.pdf) if you did not request the waiver on CSU Mentor. We must receive your payment or the waiver request form by December 1, 2016.
After you have applied to CSUN, make the rest of your admissions process go smoothly with these steps:
- Set up your CSUN account and email as explained in the "activate your CSUN user ID and password" letter you received from Admissions and Records. See account activation instructions.
- Monitor your application status. Log into myNorthridge Portal, locate “My Checklist," and review your Incomplete Tasks such as missing transcripts. For help with the portal, see the How To Guides.
- Check often for CSUN correspondence sent to your CSUN email box, by regular mail, and in myNorthridge ("My Announcements").
- Send us your official transcripts (see below).
- Send the $55 application fee, or request an Application Fee Waiver 2016-2017 (.pdf) by December 1, 2016 if you did not previously pay or request the waiver in CSUMentor.
- If you are admitted, file your “Intent to Register” electronically no later than Thursday, December 1, 2016. No deposit is required. See Admitted to CSUN.
Your official transcripts are needed to determine your admission eligibility. Soon after you apply to CSUN, send us official transcripts for all of the following:
- All courses taken at other colleges and universities previously attended even if the course work was not completed
- All college courses in which you are currently enrolled (these are your preliminary, work-in-progress transcripts)
- Your final transcripts for work-in-progress as soon as you complete the courses and grades are posted
All transcripts, preliminary and final, must be official
- Paper transcripts must be received in sealed, unopened envelopes. Ask your previous schools to send your official transcripts directly to us.
- Electronic transcripts from California community colleges are preferred (and faster!) when we receive them through the eTranscript California system. Find instructions and the lists of participating community colleges at eTranscript California.
- Please do not send identical, duplicate paper or electronic transcripts!
Official transcripts showing completion of 60 units and the 4 basic subjects should be postmarked or hand delivered to Admissions and Records by the following due date:
- Spring 2017: Friday, January 13, 2017.
Send official transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
|Task or Document||Spring 2017|
|Last day for CSUN to receive the application for admission||August 31, 2016|
|Send college transcripts for completed work and work-in-progress (preliminary transcripts)||As soon as possible after applying|
|Last day for CSUN to receive $55 application fee or application fee waiver form (.pdf) if not requested on CSUMentor||December 1, 2016|
|Last day to file Intent to Register in myNorthridge*||December 1, 2016|
|Send final college transcripts showing completion of 60 units and the 4 basic subjects by||January 13, 2017|
*If you are admitted after November 17, 2016, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file your Intent to Register for Spring 2017 classes. No deposit is required.