SPRING 2016 ADMISSION - CLOSED
This page pertains to Spring 2016 admission for undergraduate applicants who are nonresidents of California only. For fall admission, see Upper Division Transfer Student. International students, please review requirements and deadlines at International Admissions.
For the Spring 2016 semester, CSUN will be closed for admission to most California residents because of firm enrollment targets established by the state, which have already been met for the 2015/2016 academic year. We will not be limited in undergraduate admissions of nonresident students as these students do not count toward enrollment targets.
For Spring 2016, CSUN will consider undergraduate applicants who meet admission eligibility requirements in the following categories:
- Nonresidents of California
- California residents who have will have earned a verifiable Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) from a California community college in a major that CSUN has approved for transfer. If you are a STAR Act (SB 1440) applicant, please see the admission requirements and instructions at Upper Division Transfer Student.
Upper Division Transfer Student
You are an upper division transfer student if you have met all the upper division transfer student eligibility requirements listed below. (CSUN is not currently accepting lower division transfer students.)
Upper Division Transfer - Eligibility Requirements
Be sure to complete eligibility requirements within the following time frame for admission to:
- Spring 2016: Complete requirements by the end of the fall 2015 term. No winter 2016 course work will be considered for admission.
All upper division transfer students need to meet all the criteria listed below:
- Have completed a minimum of 60 transferable semester units (90 quarter units) with a grade point average of 2.0 or better;
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended;
- Have completed the CSU General Education Writing, Mathematics, Critical Thinking and Speech Communication courses with a C or better*; and
- Submit all official college transcripts, including work now in progress, to Admissions and Records.
*Students applying as Engineering or Computer Science majors do not have to complete Critical Thinking prior to admission.
How to Apply
The Spring 2016 admission application filing period is closed.
After You Apply
After you have applied to CSUN, make the rest of your admissions process go smoothly with these steps:
- Set up your CSUN account and email as explained in the "activate your CSUN user ID and password" letter you received from Admissions and Records. See account activation instructions.
- Monitor your application status. Log into myNorthridge Portal, locate “My Checklist," and review your Incomplete Tasks such as missing transcripts. For help with the portal, see the How To Guides.
- Check often for CSUN correspondence sent to your CSUN email box, by regular mail, and in myNorthridge ("My Announcements").
- Send us your official transcripts (see below).
- Send the $55 application fee, or request an Application Fee Waiver 2015-2016 (.pdf) if you did not previously request the waiver.
- If you are admitted, file your “Intent to Register” electronically no later than Tuesday, December 1, 2015. No deposit is required. See Admitted to CSUN.
Send Us Your Transcripts
Your official transcripts are needed to determine your admission eligibility. Soon after you apply to CSUN, send us official transcripts for all of the following:
- All courses taken at other colleges and universities previously attended even if the course work was not completed
- All college courses in which you are currently enrolled (these are your preliminary, work-in-progress transcripts)
- Your final transcripts for work-in-progress as soon as you complete the courses and grades are posted
All transcripts, preliminary and final, must be official (received in sealed, unopened envelopes). Ask your previous schools to send your official transcripts directly to us. In some cases, transcripts may be sent to CSUN electronically. Check with your school.
Official transcripts showing completion of 60 units and the 4 basic subjects should be postmarked or hand delivered to Admissions and Records by the following due date:
- Spring 2016: Friday, January 15, 2016.
Send official transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
Application and Document Deadlines
|Task or Document||Spring 2016|
|Last day for CSUN to receive the application for admission||August 31, 2015|
|Send college transcripts for completed work and work-in-progress (preliminary transcripts)||As soon as possible after applying|
|Last day to file Intent to Register in myNorthridge*||December 1, 2015|
|Send final college transcripts showing completion of 60 units and the 4 basic subjects||January 15, 2016|
*If you are admitted after November 17, 2015, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file your Intent to Register for Spring 2016 classes.