Admissions and Records

  • Admissions and Records banner with word cloud.

Apply Second Bachelor's Student

A post baccalaureate student who holds a recognized bachelor's degree from an accredited institution may pursue a program leading to a second bachelor's degree in approved majors. The major may not be the same as the previously awarded degree.

If you are a second bachelor's applicant who is returning to CSUN after a leave of absence or academic disqualification, please see Returning CSUN Student.

Approved Majors

Second BA or BS applications are strictly limited at this time.

Quick Navigation - Second Bachelor's

Eligibility Requirements

A second bachelor's degree applicant is admitted to CSUN as a graduate student and must meet all of the following requirements:

  • The applicant has an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 in all units attempted as an undergraduate, independent of when the degree was granted;
  • and,
    The applicant has an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree and a minimum grade point average of 2.5 in the last 60 semester/90 quarter units attempted from all post-secondary institutions attended. The entire semester or quarter in which the 60/90 units began will be used in the calculation;
  • and,
    The applicant holds an acceptable post-baccalaureate degree earned at a regionally accredited institution.

How to Apply

  1. Check application deadlines and program status (open, closed or exceptions) in the Admissions Calendar.
  2. File an online application as a graduate student through CSUMentor.

After You Apply

After you have applied to CSUN, make sure the rest of your admission process goes smoothly:

  1. Set up your access to myNorthridge Portal and your CSUN email. Watch for a communication from CSUN Admissions and Records confirming our receipt of your online CSUMentor application after you apply.
  • If you applied before January 20, 2017, you should receive an "activate your CSUN user ID and password" letter from Admissions and Records about 2 to 4 weeks after you applied.
  • If you apply after January 23, 2017, you will receive an “Activate Your CSUN Account” email sent to the inbox you provided on your admission application. You should receive the email 1 or 2 days after you apply. Follow the instructions in the email.
  • For help, see account activation instructions.
  1. Monitor your application status. Log into myNorthridge Portal, locate “My Checklist," and review your complete and incomplete tasks such as missing transcripts. For help, see the How To Guides.
  2. Check often for CSUN correspondence sent to your CSUN email box, by regular mail, and in myNorthridge ("My Announcements").
  3. Send the $55 application fee if you haven't already done so in CSUMentor.
  4. Send us your official transcripts (see below).

Remember, we want to communicate with you!

  • Check your CSUN email often for the latest information.
  • Take a moment to verify your paper mailing address in myNorthridge Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.


Send official transcripts for all of the following:

  1. All courses taken at other colleges and universities previously attended even if the course work was not completed
  2. All college courses in which you are currently enrolled (These are your preliminary, work-in-progress transcripts.)
  3. Your final transcripts for work-in-progress as soon as you complete the courses and grades are posted

All transcripts, preliminary and final, must be official:

  • Paper transcripts must be received in sealed, unopened envelopes. Ask your previous schools to send your official transcripts directly to us at the address below.
  • Electronic transcripts: If you are sending California community college transcripts, save time with eTranscript California.

Send official paper transcripts to:

CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207

Admission Appeals

If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.