A post baccalaureate student who holds a recognized bachelor's degree from an accredited institution may pursue a program leading to a second bachelor's degree in approved majors. The major may not be the same as the previously awarded degree. All students are urged to consult with a department advisor to determine whether a second bachelor's degree or a graduate program better meets their needs.
If you are a second bachelor's applicant who is returning to CSUN after a leave of absence or academic disqualification, please see the section "Returning CSUN Student."
Second BA or BS applications are currently considered for admission to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) majors only.
- For a list of specific STEM majors and their application filing status (open or closed), see the Admissions Calendar.
- To read about the majors, see the University Catalog.
A second bachelor's degree applicant is admitted to CSUN as a graduate student and must meet all of the following requirements:
- The applicant has an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 in all units attempted as an undergraduate, independent of when the degree was granted;
The applicant has an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree and a minimum grade point average of 2.5 in the last 60 semester/90 quarter units attempted from all post-secondary institutions attended. The entire semester or quarter in which the 60/90 units began will be used in the calculation;
The applicant holds an acceptable post-baccalaureate degree earned at a regionally accredited institution.
How to Apply
- Check application deadlines and program status (open, closed or exceptions) in the Admissions Calendar.
- File an online application as a graduate student through CSUMentor.
After You Apply
After you have applied to CSUN, make the rest of your admissions process go smoothly with these steps:
- Set up your CSUN account and email as explained in the "activate your CSUN user ID and password" letter you received from Admissions and Records. See account activation instructions.
- Monitor your application status. Log into myNorthridge Portal, locate “My Checklist," and review your Incomplete Tasks such as missing transcripts. For help with the portal, see the How To Guides.
- Check often for CSUN correspondence sent to your CSUN email box, by regular mail, and in myNorthridge ("My Announcements").
- Send the $55 application fee if you haven't already done so in CSUMentor.
- Send us your official transcripts (see below).
Send official transcripts for all of the following:
- All courses taken at other colleges and universities previously attended even if the course work was not completed
- All college courses in which you are currently enrolled (These are your preliminary, work-in-progress transcripts.)
- Your final transcripts for work-in-progress as soon as you complete the courses and grades are posted
All transcripts, preliminary and final, must be official (received in sealed, unopened envelopes). Ask your previous schools to send your official transcripts directly to us. In some cases, transcripts may be sent to CSUN electronically. Check with your previous school.
Send official transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207