Spring 2018: Due to increased enrollment demands, applications for second bachelor's degrees will not be accepted for Spring 2018 admissions. All students are urged to determine whether a graduate program better meets their needs.
Fall 2018: CSUN will accept second bachelor's degree applications for the Radiologic Sciences major only. Applicants must apply between October 1 and November 30, 2017.
A post baccalaureate student who holds a recognized bachelor's degree from an accredited institution may pursue a program leading to a second bachelor's degree in approved majors. The major may not be the same as the previously awarded degree.
- All students are urged to consult with a department advisor to determine whether a second bachelor's degree or a graduate program better meets their needs.
- Before applying, please read Academic Programs Leading to Licensure or Credentialing.
If you are a second bachelor's applicant who is returning to CSUN after a leave of absence or academic disqualification, please see Returning CSUN Student.
Second BA or BS applications are strictly limited at this time.
- For a list of available majors and their application filing status (open or closed), see the Admissions Calendar.
- To read about the majors, see the University Catalog.
A second bachelor's degree applicant is admitted to CSUN as a graduate student and must meet all of the following requirements:
- The applicant has an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 in all units attempted as an undergraduate, independent of when the degree was granted;
The applicant has an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree and a minimum grade point average of 2.5 in the last 60 semester/90 quarter units attempted from all post-secondary institutions attended. The entire semester or quarter in which the 60/90 units began will be used in the calculation;
The applicant holds an acceptable post-baccalaureate degree earned at a regionally accredited institution.
- Check application deadlines and program status (open or closed) in the Admissions Calendar.
- File an online application as a graduate student at Cal State Apply.
After you have applied to CSUN, make sure the rest of your admission process goes smoothly:
- Set up your access to myNorthridge Portal and CSUN email. Watch for the “Activate Your CSUN Account” email from CSUN Admissions and Records sent to the address you provided in Cal State Apply. You should receive the email 1 or 2 days after you apply. For help, see account activation instructions.
- Monitor your application status. Log into myNorthridge Portal, locate “My Checklist," and review your complete and incomplete tasks such as missing transcripts. Helpful: How To Guides
- Check your CSUN email and myNorthridge Portal often for official communications. The university will stop sending email to your personal address. Helpful: Forwarding CSUN Gmail to Another Account.
- Remit the $55 nonrefundable CSU application fee online in Cal State Apply. The fee must be paid online to submit the application.
- Send us your official transcripts (see below).
Remember, we want to communicate with you!
- Check your CSUN email often for the latest information.
- Take a moment to verify your paper mailing address in myNorthridge Portal. Helpful: Update Personal Information
Send official transcripts for all of the following:
- All courses taken at other colleges and universities previously attended even if the course work was not completed
- All college courses in which you are currently enrolled (These are your preliminary, work-in-progress transcripts.)
- Your final transcripts for work-in-progress as soon as you complete the courses and grades are posted
All transcripts, preliminary and final, must be official:
- Paper transcripts must be received in sealed, unopened envelopes. Ask your previous schools to send your official transcripts directly to us at the address below.
- Electronic transcripts: If you are sending California community college transcripts, save time with eTranscript California.
Send official paper transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.