Applicants to a CSUN credential program are considered for admission as post-baccalaureate classified students. Students interested in earning a credential should review the eligibility requirements below, the University Catalog Credential Programs section and the Credential Office website.
Credential Students - Eligibility Requirements
To be admitted to CSUN as a credential student, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college.
- Have been in good standing at the last institution attended.
- Have at least a 2.5 grade point average in the last 60 semester/90 quarter units attempted, independent of when the baccalaureate was granted. The entire semester or quarter in which the 60/90 units began will be used in this calculation. Lower division courses or courses taken in extension (except in concurrent enrollment at CSUN at the upper division course level) after obtaining the bachelor's degree will be EXCLUDED from the calculation.
How to Apply
- Check application deadlines and program status (open, closed or exceptions) in the Admissions Calendar.
- Submit an online application to the University as a graduate student through CSU Mentor.
- You must also complete a Credential application. For guidelines, visit the Credential Office.
After You Apply
After you have applied to CSUN, make the rest of your admissions process go smoothly with these steps:
- Set up your CSUN account and email as explained in the "activate your CSUN user ID and password" letter you received from Admissions and Records. See account activation instructions.
- Monitor your application status. Log into myNorthridge Portal, locate “My Checklist," and review your Incomplete Tasks such as missing transcripts. For help with the portal, see the How To Guides.
- Check often for CSUN correspondence sent to your CSUN email box, by regular mail, and in myNorthridge ("My Announcements").
- Send the $55 application fee if you haven't already done so in CSUMentor.
If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.