You Should Know
Admission is provisional until all eligibility requirements and deadlines have been met, including enrollment and attendance in classes beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted. Read more at provisional admission.
|Required Actions||Fall 2017|
Last day for CSUN to receive $55 application fee payment or application fee waiver form if not requested on CSUMentor:
Last day to file Intent to Register in myNorthridge:
If admitted after the dates below, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file Intent to Register:
—Fall 2017: April 16, 2017
|Complete all course work required for admission by the end of:||the spring 2017 term|
|Last day for CSUN to receive your final, official transcripts||7/14/2017**|
*If your application for admission was denied or your offer of provisional admission has been withdrawn, see Admission and Deadline Appeals.
**Find out if your California community college will accept CSUN's request for electronic transcripts at eTranscript California. If your college does not participate in eTranscript California, you will need to order official paper transcripts.
Read the "Enrollment Checklist" below for additional information about these important deadlines.
- Submit your Intent to Register online for the semester of your admission no later than the dates listed below:
—Fall 2017: Monday, May 1, 2017. See exception above. If you do not confirm your Intent to Register by the deadline, you cannot attend CSUN in the Fall 2017 semester.
The Intent to Register link is located in "My Checklist" in myNorthridge Portal. For help, see the How To Guide Intent to Register. No deposit is charged to file Intent to Register at CSUN.
- Send us your final, official transcripts as soon as your courses end and grades are posted, but no later than the deadline for your semester of admission:
—Fall 2017: Send final transcripts no later than July 14, 2017.
Save time and money! If you are transferring course work from a California community college, please see the instructions at eTranscript California.
Be sure to look for missing transcripts in myNorthridge Portal > "My Checklist." Your final transcripts are used to verify that you have completed:
- All course work you indicated as work-in-progress on any preliminary transcripts, and
- The admissions criteria of 60 units and all basic subjects.
—Complete all Fall 2017 admission requirements by the end of the spring 2017 term. No summer course work will be considered for admission.
If your school(s) do not participate in eTranscript California, send official, sealed paper transcripts to:
CSUN - Admissions and Records
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8207
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to set up your academic plan before enrolling in classes.
- Prepare for your meeting with the advisement checklist for first-time transfer students.
- Make an advisement appointment by contacting one of the Student Services Centers/EOP Satellite advising centers or the department of your major.
- To avoid a registration hold, you should attempt the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Examination (UDWPE) as early as possible after being admitted and no later than the semester in which you complete 75 units. View test dates and more on the CSUN Testing Center UDWPE page.
- Look for your registration appointment. It displays in myNorthridge Portal under My Checklist. Look for any registration holds and clear them before registering.
- Learn about self-service registration with the Registration Guide and Registration Calendar. Use the How To Guides to become familiar with myNorthridge Portal to pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid status, view class and final exam schedule, check grades, print an unofficial transcript—and more. If you've moved, log in to update your mailing address.
- Apply for scholarships and/or financial aid. To be considered for aid in the coming academic year, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after October 1 as possible. CSUN’s Federal School Code is 001153.
- Obtain your CSUN photo ID card (required). Pay online or in person; come in to have your photo taken and receive your card. Read more at Photo ID.
- Attend New Student Orientation. CSUN is committed to your academic success. At orientation, you'll receive an introduction to the academic, social and cultural resources of the University as well as tips for student success.
- Meet immunization requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunity to or immunization for measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. Immunity to or immunization for Hepatitis B is required for all entering students 18 or younger before you complete your second semester. These are not required for admission but are conditions of enrollment. Students enrolled in a California public middle or high school after July 1, 1999 will have satisfied these requirements. For detailed information, see Immunization Requirements.
- If you are a deaf or hard of hearing student, please contact CSUN's National Center on Deafness (NCOD) to complete the NCOD Supplemental Application for coordinated services.
- If you were admitted with an Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T), find out how to keep the guarantee of completing your bachelor's degree in 60 more units at Planning Tools for ADT/STAR Act Students.
Finally, we want to communicate with you!
- Check your CSUN email often for the latest information.
- Take a moment to verify your paper mailing address in myNorthridge Portal. Learn how at Update Personal Information.
Best wishes for your first semester at Cal State Northridge.