What is This Seminar All About?
The EY Seminar in Professional Leadership is for a select group of accounting and information systems students who want to learn to:
1) Lead by Personal Example by: a) Developing your Emotional Intelligence, b) Creating & Selling your Personal Brand, c) Nurturing you Natural Talents, d) Modeling Ethical Behavior, and e) Defining your Essence, Core Values and Leadership Statement.
2) Lead Others through Fierce Conversations by: a) Developing Confrontation Conversation Skills, b) Team Conversation Skills, and c) Outreach to a Local Community College.
3) Lead the Firm by: a) Defining and Executing Your Strategy and b) Learning How to Make a Difference through Accounting and IS.
Who Will be Teaching This Course?
Dr. Paul Lazarony will be facilitating the seminar along with significant involvement by Ernst &Young and other professionals.
How Will the Seminar be Structured?
The course will earn you one unit of credit under ACCT 498A, but the sessions will be for 1 hour and 40 minutes once a week for the entire semester. The course is offered for credit/no-credit only, so no exams or letter grades will be given.
What Time Will the Seminar be Offered in Spring 2014?
The course will be offered Thursdays from 5:00 to 6:40 pm in JH 2206
Who is Eligible to Take the Seminar?
- Pre-Accountancy/Accountancy majors who will have completed ACCT 350 prior to Spring 2014 or
- Information Systems majors who will have completed IS 312 prior to Spring 2014.
What is the Application Process?
The deadline to apply is Friday, December 13 at 5 pm. Here is the link to the online application:
How will I know if I have been accepted?
Dr. Lazarony will let you know by email whether or not you've been accepted into the Seminar no later than Wednesday, Decmber 18.
(If you are accepted, your section assignment and permission number will be included in the message.)
To learn more about the E&Y Seminar in Professional Leadership, visit the Seminar web page at: http://www.csun.edu/~pjl26399/ACCT498A.html.