The study of Information Systems (IS) centers on the effective use of information technology – computers and telecommunications networks – to support management decision-making and corporate strategy, in addition to providing all necessary operational level support for an organization.
BS in Information Systems (BSIS)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Our graduates are able to recognize and analyze ethical problems in organizational situations and select and defend a course of action.
- Our graduates are able to effectively communicate complex information system and business concepts orally and in writing.
- Our graduates are able to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills when analyzing and solving information system and business problems.
- Our graduates understand the individual and group dynamics of project teams.
- Our graduates have knowledge of IS technology components and their interrelations.
- Our graduates have the knowledge to implement information systems that support an organization’s strategic objectives.
- Our graduates develop skills through research in IS literature that will prepare them for life-long learning in the field.
Option in Business Systems
Option in Information Technology