Creating Mathematics Using MathML
In order to create MathML, install any of the free or paid applications and then follow the steps below :
- Using any of those software create your Math equation in the application's interface.
- The equations can be created in the Stand Alone Editor and using the Save As/Cut Copy Preferences option they can be exported into MathML code.
- Alternatively, equations can be created in Microsoft Word/Powerpoint using the MathType Option in the Microsoft Ribbon.
- In MS Word: Use the Convert to MathML option within the Microsoft Ribbon to generate the MathML code.
- In MS Word/Powerpoint: Use the Publish to Math Page option to convert the whole document into MathML code and directly view on an Internet Browser (Note: Page Formatting may not be saved through this option).
MathEQ Expression Editor
- The Math equations can be created in the MathEQ Expression Editor and using the Save As option they can be exported into MathML code.
Math Magic Personal Edition
- The equations can be created in the Stand Alone Editor and using the Save As option they can be exported into MathML code.
The obtained MathML code can then be pasted into your web editor (like Dreamweaver or Kompozer) and then be displayed on your website after it is published.
- Open the Firefox Browser
- Go to Tools --> Fire Math
- Create your Equtions
- Use the Save As MathML Option to export to MathML code.
In order to view the MathML content, the webpage should have an extension 'xml', for example index.xml.
An example of Mathematical Content using MathML