- Faculty and Staff should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Room Reservations at (818) 677-3283 to check availability of the space needed for their activity. Please call at least 10 working days before your event to make sure that all approval signatures can be obtained.
- Once you have a verbal confirmation, download the "Lecture Room Form " from the link to the right (use the Whittset Room link when reserving the Whitsett Room). If you are unable to download the form please obtain a copy from University Hall 270. This form can be completed online and printed using Adobe Acrobat.
*(If you are from an off campus group please call Campus Licensing first at (818) 677-2628.)
- Student groups must complete the entire "Lecture Room Form" for any event held on campus. Student groups need to obtain their advisor's signature as well as a signature from The Matador Involvement Center for all events (677-5111). Room Reservations cannot search room availability until the completed form is brought to UN270. If space is available; we will confirm your reservation and supply you with a confirmation number.
- Campus Departments must complete the entire form for any event held on a weekend. They will need to obtain either a chairperson's, director's or MAR's signature. Again your reservation will not be confirmed until you receive the form (with a reservation number) back from Room Reservations.
- Account information is now required for all groups in the event that chargebacks for cleaning and additonal services need to be billed after the event.
- Once the form is completed; fax to Room Reservations at (818) 677-4933 or return in campus mail to mail drop 8201.
- If your event will need additional services from campus vendors please call them directly at the following numbers:
Weekend Air Conditioning Requests
Room Reservations supplies PPM with the list of room acitivity on the weekends. If the room you are using was not entered into SOLAR or entered into the system by Room Reservations, it will not be on the list. Please make sure to contact Room Reservations to request HVAC on the weekends for facilities outside of RRs control no later than 9:00 AM on the Thursday prior to your weekend event. Please include the room and building you are using as well as the date and the time you will be occupying the room along with a brief explanation of the use.
Facility and Space Use Guidelines
All weekend scheduling of building usage will be optimized consistent with the approved academic and non-academic programs to reduce the number of buildings operating at partial or low occupancy. Therefore, unless absolutely necessary reservations will be placed in the most used buildings first.
Food and Beverage is not allowed in any classroom on campus. Water is acceptable. If it is necessary to provide extensive cleaning after an event, not adhering to these rules, applicable charges may be added.
Paper and other items may not be taped to the wall in any classroom. Most tape when pulled off will also take the paint with it. Your group will be responsible for any damage to the facilities and any charges associated with the repair of the facilities.
Skateboards, scooters, and roller skates/blades are not allowed in any building on campus. If a participant from your group is caught using this equipment within a building, your group may be responsible for any damage caused by these items.
Respect must be given to all occupants in university buildings at all times. Specifically in regards to noise, running in the halls and the kicking of walls and doors. Appropriate behavior is expected. This is a university facility and there are other activities including classes and research happening at all times.
Other regulations may apply based on the facility reserved and will be explained upon the booking of these facilities.