Below are the links to the Youtube videos
Part 1: CSUN: Prop 30 & 38 Debate
Part 2: CSUN: Prop 30 & 38 Debate
The forum presented differing viewpoints on two tax increase measures impacting education.
The event was held on Wednesday, September 19, from 7-9 p.m., in the Oviatt Library's Jack and Florence Ferman Presentation Room, California State University, Northridge.
The Panel included
- Howard Miller, Partner, Girardi Keese, Los Angeles; former president, State Bar of California (2009-2010)
- Moderator: Molly Munger, Civil rights attorney, co-founder & director of the Advancement Project, and leading force behind Yes on 38 Speaker
- Lisa Snell Director of Education and Child Welfare, Reason Foundation and opponent of Props 30 & 38 Speaker
- John Welty President, California State University, Fresno, and supporter of Prop 30 Speaker
- A representative from California Faculty Association was invited.
Opening remarks were made by Provost Harry Hellenbrand, California State University, Northridge.
For more information on the event please go to the Tseng College News and Events Tax Initiatives
Provost Harry Hellenbrand and Academic Affairs, the Bookstein Institute for Higher Education in Taxation, the Department of Political Science, the Oviatt Library and the Tseng College of Extended Learning.