This page provides information about activities and events the AAS department had and plans to have. Please also check our CSUN Asian American Studies Facebook Page for latest news and information that faculty, students, alumni and friends of AAS share with each other. We are conducting an alumni survey to improve our program. If you graduated as a CSUN AAS major, double major, or minor, please take the following Alumni survey! Thanks!
For upcoming events, please check out our CSUN AAS Calendar:
- Congratulations to our graduates! Here is a link to some pictures from the AAS Reception and College of Humanities Commencement.
- AAS is offering six summer 2013 AAS classes, of which four are fully online (AAS 100, 201, 345, 347, 360).
- AAS Gradudation Reception @ the Orange Grove on Wednesday, 5/22, 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm, in the Lamb's Room.
- College of Humanities Convocation, 5/22, Wednesday, 6:30 pm to 9 pm in the Sierra Quad.
- AAS 325A class presents a musical: The Greatest American Judge. May 4, 2013 at 6:30 pm in the Charles A. Noski Auditorium (near the Business Building), CSUN.
- Graphic novelist Gene Yang will be our Distinguished Lecturer for 2013.Please save the date: Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013, 5 PM in the Grand Salon, USU. Yang is also leading a Comics Medium Workshop at the Asian House at 2:30 pm. Please contact Prof. Hattori for more details because it's limited to AAS students.
- Strenthening the Collective: Ethnic Studies at CSUN, March 29, 2013, Friday 2 pm to 4 pm @ The Asian American Studies Activities Center (Asian House) and 4 pm Reception & Mixer @ the Black House, next door.
- AAS Alumni Luncheon this Saturday 2/23 noon at the Asian House.
- Our AAS Newsletter #4 is out!
- DACA Information Session Powerpoint with AAS alumni Sharlene Bagon, Esq.
- The AAS Department proudly presents an information list of student awards (page 1) for students' information and an AAS Social Justice Grant Application form (page 2) that is due on November 30, 2012.
Please click the following for a list of past events.
Each list item below is a link to a gallery at the Picasa Google website. Each gallery has a list of photos to view. Please note that once you enter the Picasa website, it may no longer be ADA compliant.
- AAS 2012 Distinguished Lecturer and Student Awards Night
- AAS 2011 Graduation
- March 2nd, 2011 CSUN Protest
- AAS 2010 Graduation
- March 4th, 2010 CSUN Protest
- AAS Some Pictures from 2001 to 2009
- AAS older pictures of alumni
The Asian American Studies Activities Center is a department, student, campus and community center. It is a meeting place for AAS Clubs and Organizations, as well as a study-center for student groups. Class projects, presentations, and special speaker visits take place in the center, bringing together AAS students from a variety of courses. The center also functions as a meeting space for AAS faculty and faculty from other departments and colleges. The AASAC promotes academic and creative endeavors beyond the classroom environment.
Asian American Studies Activities Center Address
18356 Halsted Avenue
Northridge, CA 91330
a.k.a. "the Asian House" is between Reseda & Etiwanda and Superior & Plummer.