CSUN  Wordmark
CSUN Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

The following page is a two column layout with a header that contains a quicklinks jump menu and the search CSUN function. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains update, contact and emergency information.

Western Undergraduate Exchange at Cal State Northridge

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) at Cal State Northridge

Admissions and Records › WUE

Contact Us

If you have WUE questions, please contact us by email at admissions.records@csun.edu
or call (818) 677-3700.


Cal State Northridge has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information throughout this website. All information is subject to change without notice or obligation.

The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees, without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by The Board of Trustees.

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

Are you interested in attending CSUN? Concerned about the cost of out-of-state tuition?

California State University, Northridge is a participating member of the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE), a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE).

Through WUE, students in western states may enroll in many two-year and four-year college programs at a reduced tuition level (150 percent of the institution's regular resident tuition).

WUE tuition is considerably less than nonresident tuition:

How much would I save with WUE?
Resident tuition $5,472
Nonresident tuition $16,632
WUE rate (Resident x 150%) $8,208
WUE Savings $8,424

Note: The tuition rate shown above is for enrollment in the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 academic year, assuming 30 credit hours per year (i.e., 15 units in each fall and spring semester).Tuition rate does not include additional mandatory campus fees. WUE students must enroll in a minimum of 12 units per semester. Learn more about the cost of attendance. For more tuition and fee information, contact CSUN's University Cash Services.


To receive the WUE tuition rate, an admitted student must be a resident of one of the following states or U.S. insular areas: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming.

The WUE tuition rate applies only to the majors listed below. If the major is not listed, it is not eligible for the WUE rate:

African American Studies - BA     
Anthropology - BA     
Asian American Studies - BA     
Central American Studies - BA     
Chicana and Chicano Studies - BA     
Child and Adolescent Development - BA     
Construction Management Technology - BS     
Economics - BA     
Family and Consumer Sciences - Interior Design option - BS     
French - BA     
Gender and Women's Studies - BS     
Geography - BA     
Geology - BS     
Kinesiology - Dance option - BS     
Languages and Cultures - BA     
Liberal Arts pre-credential option - BA     
Liberal Studies general option - BA     
Modern Jewish Studies - BA     
Philosophy - BA     
Physics BA, BS     
Religious Studies - BA     
Spanish - BA     
Theatre - BA     
Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation Management - BS     
Urban Studies - BA     

To Maintain WUE Status:

Maintain full-time enrollment at 12 or more units each semester attending and be in good standing with the institution.

Conditions for Enrollment:

How to Apply?

Follow these 4 steps to apply for WUE admission at CSUN:

  1. Confirm that you are a legal resident of a WUE state or insular area, and that you are applying to a WUE major.
  2. Apply for admission to CSU Northridge at www.csumentor.edu
  3. Go to the CSUN Student Forms page to print and complete the WUE Contract Form.
  4. Mail the completed WUE Contract Form to:

    Admissions & Records; Cal State Northridge; 18111 Nordhoff Street; Northridge, CA 91330-8207

back to top