This is a tutorial only. No login is required.
Before repeating a course in an upcoming term or withdrawing from a course (i.e., dropping) after the fourth week of the semester, review the following policies and rules and consult your academic advisor:
This guide explains how to use the Withdrawals/Repeats pages of the SOLAR Student Center to track the courses and number of units you’ve withdrawn from and repeated in your studies at Cal State Northridge.
Beginning with the Fall 2009 semester, withdrawals and units repeated for grade averaging will be counted from zero. However, units repeated for grade forgiveness are counted for your entire CSUN career.
Log into myNorthridge at www.csun.edu with your
CSUN User ID and Password.
Your myNorthridge page displays.
Select the Academics tab and, in the Enroll in Classes box, click the Repeats and Withdrawals link.
The Withdrawals page displays in two sections:
- Summary – Counts the units available for withdrawal starting with the Fall 2009 semester. Withdrawal limit: 18 units.
- Courses – Lists the CSUN classes from which you’ve withdrawn beginning Fall 2009.
Withdrawing is officially dropping one or more classes after the deadline to adjust your schedule (i.e., after the 4th week of the fall and spring semesters). For procedures and dates, see:
Fall and Spring Semesters:
Add and Drop Classes
Winter and Summer Terms:
The Tseng College
Important! Before withdrawing:
- Review the Withdrawal Limit Policy.
- Reducing the number of enrolled units may affect your eligibility for Financial Aid and other privileges. Consult the offices cited at Information Regarding Change in Program or Schedule.
Click the Repeats tab to view the Repeats page.
Important! Before repeating a course, review the Repeat Limit Policy.
The Repeat Summary section counts repeated units in 3 categories:
- Grades Forgiven – Units that replace a CSUN grade, counted for your entire CSUN career.
- Grades Averaged – Units for which the original and the repeated grades will be calculated into your total GPA, counted from Fall 2009 on.
- Repeats from Enrollment – Units you’re repeating in the current term or semester. Units will move to the forgiven or averaged column after grades are posted and end-of-term processing is complete.
Note: In this image, minus 3 (–3.00) means that the units have not yet been "charged" as forgiven or averaged.
The Repeat Summary section also counts repeated units in 4 columns:
- Units Used: Counted from Fall 2009 and later
- Previous Units:
Grades Forgiven – for your entire CSUN career
Grades Averaged – starting Fall 2009 and later
- Units Available: Unit Limit minus (Units Used + Previous Units)
- Unit Limit:
16 units for Grade Forgiveness
12 units for Grade Averaging
(28 units combined total)
The Repeats page also lists the courses you’ve repeated in each of the 3 categories, starting Fall 2009 and later:
- Grades Forgiven
- Grades Averaged
- Repeats from Enrollment – Courses you’re repeating in the current term or semester. Courses will move to the forgiven or averaged list about 3 weeks after fall or spring finals end.
1) If this is the second time the student is repeating ENGL 205, the 3.00 units will move to the Grades Averaged row even though 3.00 units are available for Grade Forgiveness.
2) Courses for which grades were forgiven will be listed from Fall 2009 and later.
Students are not permitted to withdraw or repeat beyond the unit limits established by the following policies:
Before repeating or withdrawing, consult your academic advisor for the best options in your situation. Advisors for the College of your major (or Undecided) are listed at Student Services Centers/EOP Satellites
For other questions, contact Admissions and Records at
(818) 677-3700, Option 2, or firstname.lastname@example.org