This is a tutorial only. No login is required.
All first-time freshmen and first-time transfer students admitted to CSUN must electronically file their Intent to Register in classes for their first semester before the deadlines below. Filing is easy. This guide explains how.
The following deadlines for filing your Intent to Register are based on your student group and semester of admission:
- Fall 2013 - File no later than 11:59 pm on Wednesday, May 1, 2013.
If you are admitted after April 17, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file your intent.
First-Time Transfer Students:
- Fall 2013 - File no later than 11:59 pm on Tuesday, July 2, 2013.
If you are admitted after June 18, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file your intent.
If you do not file intent by the deadlines above, you will not be able to enroll in classes.
When finished filing, print the My Checklist screen to verify your Intent to Register decision and save a copy for your records (see Step 3).
Your myNorthridge page displays on the Applicant tab. Locate My Checklist (center column).
In the Status section of My Checklist, click the link Intent to Register (Click here to Accept/Decline Admission). The deadline displays in red.
If you have already filed your Intent to Register, or if the deadline to file intent has passed, the message will change.
Note: If you are admitted 2 weeks before the Intent to Register deadline or later, you will have 14 days from your admission date to file your intent.
The Intent to Register page displays. Review the message carefully. Then click the appropriate button to accept or decline CSUN’s offer of admission.
To return to myNorthridge without recording your Intent to Register, click Back to Portal in the upper right corner.
If you accept or decline, you will be automatically returned to your myNorthridge portal Home page.
Your myNorthridge page displays on the Home tab. Your Intent to Register decision is confirmed in the Status section of My Checklist.*
Important! Print and save a copy of the My Checklist page for your records. Make sure your 9-digit Campus (Student) ID number AND the message "You have registered your intent to attend CSUN for the [Fall Semester 2013]” display in the print out.
- PC users: Use the Print Screen button on your keyboard
- Mac users: Use Command (Apple) key + Shift + 3
Note: To change your decision after filing intent online, you must contact Admissions and Records at
(818) 677-3700, Option 2, or email@example.com
*My Checklist displays on the Applicant and the Home tabs.
Congratulations! That’s it, except…
Revisit the Incomplete Tasks section of My Checklist to make sure CSUN is receiving your missing transcripts, test scores, and/or the other items required to complete your application. Your checklist will be updated as CSUN evaluates what you send.
Reminders for Fall 2013:
Send CSUN all final official college and university transcripts no later than Friday, August 16, 2013.
Freshmen - Be sure to:
- Ask your high school to send the CSUN Office of Admissions and Records your official transcript showing completion of the final semester of your senior year and verifying graduation date no later than August 16, 2013.
- Take the EPT and ELM placement tests (or be exempt) on or before May 4, 2013. If you don’t satisfy this requirement, you will forfeit the opportunity to enroll at CSUN as a first-time freshman. For test information and online registration, see the CSUN Testing Center.
All Students: Learn more about your application status with the My (Admissions) Checklist How To Guide.