Transfer applicants must request official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended. International transcripts and the official translations must be sent to the Office of International Admissions.
U.S. transcripts must be sent to Admissions and Records. If you have attended an institution in the U.S., please contact your international advisor at the institution you attended for information regarding SEVIS.
You are required to submit all transfer records whether or not you wish to receive credit. Concealing attendance at an educational institution is considered an offense by the University and can be grounds for academic dismissal.
International applicants to CSUN are required to submit the following:
- Complete online admission application. Undergraduate International application is available online. Please read instructions carefully and complete all appropriate sections.
- A $55.00 (US currency) non-refundable processing fee payable to CSUN must accompany your application.
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other acceptable test (see below for list of tests). Scores must be sent directly to CSUN from testing agency.
- Affidavit of Financial Support and bank statement. Both pages of financial affidavit and the bank statement may be faxed to (818) 677-5281.
- Original or certified copies of all OFFICIAL secondary and post-secondary records including certificates, degrees or diplomas in original language of issue. Do not fax academic records. Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the institution(s) in the U.S. send the transcript(s) directly to CSUN.
- Submit a copy of your passport information page with your documents.
- Official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas. Do not fax translations. Send OFFICIAL transcript(s) directly to CSUN.
Send OFFICIAL documents directly to California State University, Northridge, International Admissions and Evaluations, 18111 Nordhoff Street, Northridge, CA 91330-8207.
Please have all scores sent directly to CSUN code 4707 directly from testing agency.
- TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language with a minimum Paper-Based score of 500, a minimum Computer Based score of 173 or a minimum Internet Based score of 61.
- PTE Academic - Pearson's Test of English with a minimum score of 45.
- IELTS - International English Language Test System with a score of 5.5 or higher.
- SAT - Scholastic Aptitude Test with a verbal score of 450 or higher.
- iTEP - International Test of English Language Proficiency with a score of 5.0 or higher.
You may be exempt from the TOEFL or other English Language Exams if:
- You have attended a college or university in the U.S. and have completed the Written Composition requirement with a grade of C or higher. Please contact your International Admission Advisor if you have questions.
CSUN Intensive English Program and Conditional Admissions:
An Intensive English Program is offered through our Tseng College of Extended Learning. Our office works closely with Intensive English. Together we offer "Conditional Admission" to academically eligible students enrolled in Intensive English. We guarantee admission to the university once these students have completed the TOEFL. For more information please contact the Intensive English Program Office.