CSUN  Wordmark
I Want to Apply to CSUN for International Transfer Students

The following page is a three column layout with a header that contains a quicklinks jump menu and the search CSUN function. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains update, contact and emergency information.


Transfer Student International Admissions Criteria

To Apply

Transfer applicants must request official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended. International transcripts and the official translations must be sent to the Office of International Admissions. 

U.S. transcripts must be sent to Admissions and Records. If you have attended an institution in the U.S., please contact your international advisor at the institution you attended for information regarding SEVIS.

You are required to submit all transfer records whether or not you wish to receive credit. Concealing attendance at an educational institution is considered an offense by the University and can be grounds for academic dismissal.

International applicants to CSUN are required to submit the following:

Send OFFICIAL documents directly to California State University, Northridge, International Admissions and Evaluations, 18111 Nordhoff Street, Northridge, CA 91330-8207.

Acceptable English Language Exams for Transfer Student Applicants:

Please have all scores sent directly to CSUN code 4707 directly from testing agency.

You may be exempt from the TOEFL or other English Language Exams if:

CSUN Intensive English Program and Conditional Admissions:

An Intensive English Program is offered through our Tseng College of Extended Learning. Our office works closely with Intensive English. Together we offer "Conditional Admission" to academically eligible students enrolled in Intensive English. We guarantee admission to the university once these students have completed the TOEFL. For more information please contact the Intensive English Program Office.