How to Apply
International applicants to CSUN are required to submit the following:
- Complete online admission application. Undergraduate International application is available online. Please read instructions carefully and complete all appropriate sections.
- A $55.00 (US currency) non-refundable processing fee payable to CSUN must accompany your application.
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other acceptable test (see below for list of tests). Scores must be sent directly to CSUN from testing agency.
- Affidavit of Financial Support and bank statement. Both pages of financial affidavit and the bank statement may be faxed to (818) 677-5281.
- Original or certified copies of all OFFICIAL secondary records including certificates, degrees or diplomas in original language of issue. Do not fax academic records. Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the institution(s) in the U.S. send the transcript(s) directly to CSUN.
- Submit a copy of your passport information page with your documents.
- Official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas. Do not fax translations. Send OFFICIAL transcript(s) directly to California State University, Northridge, International Admissions and Evaluations, 18111 Nordhoff Street, Northridge, CA 91330-8207.
- TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language with a minimum Paper-Based score of 500, a minimum Computer Based score of 173 or a minimum Internet Based score of 61.
- PTE Academic - Pearson's Test of English with a minimum score of 45.
- IELTS - International English Language Test System with a score of 5.5 or higher.
- SAT - Scholastic Aptitude Test with a verbal score of 450 or higher.
- iTEP - International Test of English Language Proficiency with a score of 5.0 or higher.
Please have all scores sent directly to CSUN code 4707 directly from testing agency.
If a freshman applicant has attended a high school in the U.S. for three or more years, or has attended a school where English is the language of instruction for three or more years, the TOEFL or other English language exam may not be required.
CSUN Intensive English Program and Conditional Admissions:
An Intensive English Program is offered through our Tseng College of Extended Learning. Our office works closely with Intensive English. Together we offer "Conditional Admission" to academically eligible students enrolled in Intensive English. We guarantee admission to the university once these students have completed the TOEFL. For more information please contact the Intensive English Program Office.