CSUN Communications - Get Connected
You will get a letter in the mail from Admissions and Records confirming receipt of the application one to two weeks after your application is received. This letter will contain your CSUN password and identification number and will prompt you to set up a CSUN account through the Campus Web Portal. It is very important for you to set up the account so that you can view the status of your application and receive important e-mails.
An International Evaluator and a Domestic Evaluator will review all of the documents as soon as the application is received. Required documents are:
- Application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended in the U.S.
- If you have earned credits at institutions of higher education outside of the U.S., please send original or certified copies of all OFFICIAL academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas in original language of issue. Do not fax academic records.
- Official TOEFL score or other acceptable English language exam, unless you are a graduate of a U.S. college or university.
- Financial Affidavit and bank statement
As soon as the graduate department has notified the Office of International Admissions and Records of your admissibility to the university, we will notify you.
- If you are applying for a graduate degree program, your academic records will be evaluated and forwarded to the graduate department for an admission decision. Please be sure to check with you major department for additional requirements.
- If you are applying for a second bachelor's degree, you will be notified by the Office of International Admissions and Records of your admissibility to the university.
- If you have been admitted, you will receive a letter prompting you to meet an International Advisor at your current U.S. institution. You will not receive an I-20 in the mail. Your I-20 will be issued after your current institution transfers your SEVIS record to CSUN. At that point, you will need to make arrangements to meet with an advisor in the International and Exchange Student Center to activate your new transfer I-20.
You can view the status of your application online and check for missing items. Log into myNorthridge at www.csun.edu with your CSUN User ID and Password. On the Applicant tab, locate My Checklist and review your complete and incomplete tasks.