Email is an official means of communication at California State University, Northridge. It is your responsibility to monitor your CSUN student Gmail account or miss important information about enrollment status, registration, tuition and other fees, financial aid and more. To forward your CSUN Gmail to another email account, log into Gmail and select Settings. Learn more about CSUN Email.
Campus Web Portal
CSUN receives thousands of applications during the filing period. Over the next few months, special attention will be given to reviewing each application. Initial admissions decisions will be based on the information you reported on your application. Notices of admission will be sent as your information is reviewed. In the meantime, you can take several steps to ensure a smooth admissions experience.
Establish your CSUN account
- Using the "Activate Your CSUN User ID and Password Today" letter, set up your CSUN account.
- Check your CSUN Gmail regularly for important University notices.
Checklist of Items to Send
Make sure your CSUN application file is complete.
The items that CSUN needs from you include:
- Official High School Transcripts
1. One preliminary transcript showing completion of the first semester of your senior year
2. One final transcript showing completion of the final semester of senior year and verifying graduation date
- SAT or ACT Test Scores. To be considered for Fall 2014 admission, all first-time freshmen must ensure that their SAT or ACT scores are received by the CSUN Office of Admissions and Records no later than Monday, February 3, 2014.
- English Placement Test (EPT) and Entry Level Math Test (ELM) Scores.
For test registration deadlines, administration dates, locations and exemption information, go to the CSUN Testing Center. Online registration is available.
Note: To enroll in the Fall 2014 semester, you must take EPT and ELM on or before the Saturday, May 3, 2014 test administration date unless you are exempt. Because of heavy demand and limited seating, you should register for the tests much earlier than the May deadline. (February, March and April test dates are available.)
- $55 application fee or request an application fee waiver for the following academic year:
Fall 2014 / Spring 2015 Application Fee Waiver Form
Send required items to: California State University, Northridge; Admissions and Records; 18111 Nordhoff Street; Northridge, CA 91330-8207.
To check the status of your CSUN application and view a list of missing items online, follow these steps:
- Log into myNorthridge at www.csun.edu with your CSUN User ID and Password.
- Locate My Checklist and review your completed and incomplete tasks such as missing transcripts.
Learn more about My Checklist and other online self-service features with the How To Guides for Students .
If You Are Admitted
After you have been admitted, go to the Admissions and Records home page, or click I Have Been Admitted, for the next steps you need to take in the enrollment process. You must electronically file your Intent to Register.