CSUN  Wordmark
Admitted to CSUN: Returning CSUN Student

The following page is a three column layout with a header that contains a quicklinks jump menu and the search CSUN function. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains update, contact and emergency information.

Admitted to CSUN: Returning CSUN Student

Congratulations and welcome to California State University, Northridge!



Email is an official means of communication at California State University, Northridge. It is your responsibility as a student to monitor your university Gmail account or miss important information about enrollment status, registration, tuition and other fees, financial aid and more. To forward your CSUN Gmail to another email account, log into Gmail and select Settings. Learn more at CSUN Email.

Steps to Enrollment

Important: If you do not enroll in classes and attend beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted, you will need to reapply for admission to the University to enroll in subsequent semesters. Take these steps to enroll:

  1. New! Take the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam (UDWPE) as early as possible after being admitted. You must attempt the exam no later than the semester in which 75 units are completed. If you are returning to the university with 75 units already completed, you must take the exam during your first semester at CSUN. Consult your academic advisor and see the UDWPE policy and UDWPE test dates.
  2. Obtain Academic Advisement. Advisement is recommended as part of the registration process. Some majors require it; this requirement will appear on your paper Registration Access Mailer and online in My Checklist. Make an advisement appointment by contacting the College of your major, listed at Academic Advisement Centers/EOP Satellites.
  3. Watch for Your Registration Appointment.It appears in the Registration Access Mailer and in My Checklist. Look for any registration holds and clear them before registering.
  4. Register for Classes. Log into myNorthridge portal from the CSUN home page at www.csun.edu. In myNorthridge, you can enroll in courses, pay tuition and other fees, check financial aid status, view class schedule and grades, print an unofficial transcript, and more.
  5. Apply for Financial Aid. To be considered for financial aid, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after January 1 as possible. We urge you to complete the FAFSA online and make sure to enter CSUN's Federal School Code of 001153.
  6. Apply for Housing. Students who choose to live on campus at Cal State Northridge will find modern, spacious apartment-style living.
  7. Meet Immunization Requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunization for or immunity to measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. If 18 or younger, provide proof of immunization for or immunity to Hepatitis B by the end of your second semester.
  8. Send Required Transcripts. If you are currently enrolled in classes at a college or university, ask your current school to send us a final official transcript.

    If the current college or university is your degree school, have the final official transcript sent when the degree has been posted. Your final transcript will be used to verify that all coursework and the degree you indicated as work in progress have been completed.

    To check for missing transcripts, log into myNorthridge, locate My Checklist, and review the Incomplete Tasks section.

Attention Returning Transfer Students: Send final official college and university transcripts as soon as your grades have been posted.

Send required transcripts to:
CSUN - Office of Admissions and Records, 18111 Nordhoff Street, Northridge, CA 91330-8207