Email is an official means of communication at California State University, Northridge (CSUN). It is your responsibility as a student to monitor your university Gmail account or miss important information about enrollment status, registration, tuition and other fees, financial aid and more. To forward your CSUN Gmail to another email account, log into Gmail and select Settings. Learn more at CSUN Email.
Steps to Enrollment
Important! If you do not enroll in classes and attend beyond the 20th day of instruction for the semester to which you were provisionally admitted, you will need to reapply for admission to the University to enroll in subsequent semesters. Take these steps to enroll:
- Obtain Academic Advisement. Advisement is recommended as part of the registration process. Contact the CSUN Credential Office to schedule an appointment and for walk-in hours.
- Watch for Your Registration Appointment. It appears in the paper Registration Access Mailer and online in My Checklist. Look for any registration holds and clear them before registering.
- Register for Classes. The myNorthridge Portal Login on the CSUN home page at www.csun.edu is your gateway to elf service. Use myNorthridge to enroll in courses, pay tuition and other fees and charges, check financial aid status, view class schedule and grades, and print an unofficial transcript.
- Apply for Financial Aid. To be considered for financial aid, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after January 1 as possible. We urge you to complete the FAFSA online and make sure to enter CSUN's Federal School Code of 001153.
- Apply for Housing. Students who choose to live on campus at Cal State Northridge will find modern, spacious apartment-style living.
- Meet Immunization Requirements. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you must present proof of immunization for or immunity to measles and rubella during your first semester at CSUN. If 18 or younger, provide proof of immunization for or immunity to Hepatitis B by the end of your second semester.
- Send Required Transcripts. If you are currently enrolled in classes at a college or university, you will need to have your current college send a final official transcript. If the current college or university is your degree school, have the final official transcript sent when the degree has been posted. Your final transcript will be used to verify that all coursework and the degree you indicated as work in progress have been completed.
Check for missing transcripts in My Checklist.