I. Rules for Selling/Offering Potentially Hazardous Food:
Note: foods which support the rapid growth of bacteria capable of causing food poisoning include, but are not limited to:
- Whipped Cream or custard-filled pies or cakes
- Poultry, egg, pork or beef products
- Potato, macaroni, fish or chicken salads
- Meat and Fish sauces
- Milk and Milk Products
- Cooked pasta and vegetables (i.e. refried beans)
- Casseroles, soup and vegetable juices
II. Food Preparation:
Note: You may not prepare potentially hazardous foods at home!
- Food will be obtained from an approved source (i.e. Market or restaurant). The Los Angeles County Public Health Department must license facilities used for the preparation of potentially hazardous foods.
III. Temperature Control for Perishable Foods:
- Perishable foods must be kept within the correct temperature range at all times. "Cold Foods "(i.e. Uncooked meat or milk) must be kept below 41°F and "Hot Foods"(i.e. Cooked meat or hot soup) must be kept above 140°F).
- Link to the Los Angeles County Public Health Department
- CSUN Policy on Commercially Oriented Activity
January 15, 2014