Jacaranda hall (JD) 4503
Hours: M-F 8:00 am to 4:45 pm
Steven Stepanek, Department Chair
Lauren Julian, Office Manager
Sioneh Keshishian, Office Administrative Assistant
(All file downloads are in pdf format.)
- SPRING 2013 REGISTRATION (Updated 1/12/13)
- The Spring 2013 semester is upon us. If you need to seek advisement, contact the Computer Science Department Office at 818-677-3398 or visit JD 4503 for assistance.
- For the Spring 2013 registration, there will be the same problem with wait lists for lecture/lab pairs as occurred during Fall 2012 (they don't work). If all sections of a specific COMP or CIT lecture/lab are full, you will need to regularly check the registration system in case any seats open.
- Starting the first day of instruction (January 22, 2013), computer science instructors will be responsible for handling all requests to add their course sections. Prior to the first day of instruction please do not contact instructors to add classes. Instructors will not be maintaining any wait lists nor will they issue any permission numbers prior to the first day of instruction.
- SUMMER 2013 CLASS SCHEDULE (Updated 1/14/13) - subject to sufficient enrollments occurring, Computer Science intents to offer the following courses during the 2013 summer sessions:
- Session I (12 weeks) - COMP 110/L (mornings), COMP 182/L (afternoons), COMP 484/L (afternoons)
- Session II (first 6 weeks) - COMP 100 (10 am-noon), COMP 424 (10 am-noon)
- Session III (second 6 weeks) - COMP 380/L (mornings)
- For anyone needing to take COMP 232: the number associated with that course changed to COMP 333 effective fall 2011. Current articulation agreements with community colleges regarding the transferability of courses equivalent to COMP 232 will not be immediately impacted by the move of the course to upper division status at CSUN.
- You may have noticed the fall 2012 scheduling of COMP 490/L and spring 2013 scheduling of COMP 491L, Senior Design Project. For students majoring in Computer Science starting under the 2010-2012 University Catalog, a change has occurred: COMP 450 may no longer be used to meet any of the requirements in the major and all students must take a year-long senior design project consisting of COMP 490/L and COMP 491L. Students under University Catalog agreements for the major prior to 2010 may still follow the degree requirements for that Catalog year and are not required to take COMP 490/L and COMP 491L.