This page provides information about activities and events the AAS department had and plans to have. Please also check our CSUN Asian American Studies Facebook Page for latest news and information that faculty, students, alumni and friends of AAS share with each other. We are conducting an alumni survey to improve our program. If you graduated as a CSUN AAS major, double major, or minor, please take the following Alumni survey! Thanks!
For upcoming events, please check out our CSUN AAS Calendar:
- Some of our students and alumni have been accepted to participate at the Association of Asian American Studies Conference's roundtables. We are flying up to the Bay Area on Wednesday for the roundtables on Thursday and Friday mornings. While up in the area, we plan to visit Berkeley and San Francisco State. We plan to head back home on Saturday. That's April 16 to 19, 2014.
- Please save the date April 24, Thursday, from 5 to 8:00 pm in the Grand Salon, USU, where AAS will hold its annual Distinguished Lecturer and Student Awards Night.
- Please save the date April 29, Tuesday, 2:30 to 4 pm. We are having a dedication ceremony of renaming the Asian House to "The Glenn Omatsu Asian American Studies House."
- Please save the date May 6, Tuesday, 4 to 6:30 pm in the Nobbs Auditorium (Sequoia Hall Room 104) for an Activists Panel to celebrate the Asian Pacific Heritage month!
- Please note that on May 22, 2014, Thursday 4 to 5:30 pm in the Reseda Room of the USU, we will have our AAS Graduation Reception before the College of Humanities Commencement Ceremony which begins at 6 pm in the Oviatt Lawn.
- AAS have funding to start a tutorial program for our students taking AAS classes. We have hired 3 student tutors along with Prof. Turnmeyer to provide help on writing and learning strategies.
- AAS students, please take a look at our student award application. The deadline is extended to Friday 12 pm, March 21, 2014.
- We are happy to announce that our AAS Newsletter Issue #5 is ready for viewing.
Please click the following for a list of past events.
Each list item below is a link to a gallery at the Picasa Google website. Each gallery has a list of photos to view. Please note that once you enter the Picasa website, it may no longer be ADA compliant.
- AAS 2012 Distinguished Lecturer and Student Awards Night
- AAS 2011 Graduation
- March 2nd, 2011 CSUN Protest
- AAS 2010 Graduation
- March 4th, 2010 CSUN Protest
- AAS Some Pictures from 2001 to 2009
- AAS older pictures of alumni
The Asian American Studies Activities Center is a department, student, campus and community center. It is a meeting place for AAS Clubs and Organizations, as well as a study-center for student groups. Class projects, presentations, and special speaker visits take place in the center, bringing together AAS students from a variety of courses. The center also functions as a meeting space for AAS faculty and faculty from other departments and colleges. The AASAC promotes academic and creative endeavors beyond the classroom environment.
Asian American Studies Activities Center Address
18356 Halsted Avenue
Northridge, CA 91330
a.k.a. "the Asian House" is between Reseda & Etiwanda and Superior & Plummer.